rear seat cover defect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so i get my raptor home, and the first time i crawl in the back seat i notice this defect in the vinyl seat cover. a small semi-circular raised area as you can see. not a big deal, but im a little surprised it got past quality control at the factory. showed the dealership, they sent ford some photos, and they have a new cover in for me. the problem i have is the 3rd party upholstery company that will be doing the work. im worried that ill end up with a poorer quality finished product than i have now. im especially nervous after showing it to a buddy of mine. he had a cobra svt a few years back, and after taking it in for upholstery work he claims the transmission was never the same again, (suggesting that someone took it for a joy ride) and ended up trading it in. being the paranoid putz i am, should i just leave well enough alone, or let them try to make my raptor the way it should have been when i picked it up?

001_zpsec163828.jpg

005_zps4136468d.jpg

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there something under it you can feel that made the mark?
Personally get it done if its going to be something that's going to drive you nuts .
I know it suxs anytime someone else drives your truck but not every shop has an idiot.
If you think you will forget about it go get the cover and forget it and maybe after a year of heat cycles it will be better and if not you have the new cover.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got to the shop and makesure they see you write the mileage down. That way they know you know what the mileage is when you dropped it off and because its the interior, they have zero reasons to drive it.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got to the shop and makesure they see you write the mileage down. That way they know you know what the mileage is when you dropped it off and because its the interior, they have zero reasons to drive it.

^ this. I always take a picture of the odometer when I drop it off at the dealership. I make sure the service manager sees me doing it. You should have seen his facial expression the first time....

I had a bad experience with one of previous cars, Porsche Cayenne. Dropped it off for an oil change at the dealership in the morning with the expectation it would done after I got off work. I go out to lunch with a co-worker and see my car going through the Jack in the Box drive thru a good 10 miles from the dealership. Let's just say that the Porsche dealership was too small for my rage when I got there:ryu-cvs-hadoken-a:

OP
OP
FreightTerrain

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there something under it you can feel that made the mark?
Personally get it done if its going to be something that's going to drive you nuts .
I know it suxs anytime someone else drives your truck but not every shop has an idiot.
If you think you will forget about it go get the cover and forget it and maybe after a year of heat cycles it will be better and if not you have the new cover.

i might just do that. if the dealer will cooperate. then i can shop around for the right business to put it on. thatll save ford some loot. i dont mind spending for piece of mind. thanks blood. yur the shit. and if you have a minute, could yu check to see if my order is pulled and if i have a vin and a window sticker and a delivery date and where the hell is my truck?

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yur the shit. and if you have a minute, could yu check to see if my order is pulled and if i have a vin and a window sticker and a delivery date and where the hell is my truck?

Huh?

They probably won't just give you the seat material they will require it be installed. Well, They may.....

OP
OP
FreightTerrain

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Huh?

They probably won't just give you the seat material they will require it be installed. Well, They may.....

i dont know. never been here before. i guess if they wont turn it over they can send it back if i decide to go with what i have. :) just another op to **** off the stealership

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh?

it will be noted but can be done.
in the end it is up to dealer.