GEN 1 RCV Axles on a Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dane- just delete the IWEs. You don't need some super expensive fancy CVs. They won't do anything to help the IWE last.

Stock CV's will overheat with IWE delete kits while on top or mid perch. Make sure to be on bottom perch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dane- just delete the IWEs. You don't need some super expensive fancy CVs. They won't do anything to help the IWE last.

My CV joint has also broken twice... in addition to the IWEs. Suppose they are related? (as illustrated here: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f39/dead-cv-axle-something-16497/)

Either way, I'm looking for real world daily driving experience in a IWE delete setup where the front end is always live. Like I said, I both wheel it pretty hard as well as daily drive/tow with it.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Stock CV's will overheat with IWE delete kits while on top or mid perch. Make sure to be on bottom perch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on mid-perch and would rather not change that as I'm about to add +3 Deavers. RCVs won't overheat?

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My CV joint has also broken twice... in addition to the IWEs. Suppose they are related? (as illustrated here: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f39/dead-cv-axle-something-16497/)

Either way, I'm looking for real world daily driving experience in a IWE delete setup where the front end is always live. Like I said, I both wheel it pretty hard as well as daily drive/tow with it.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

I'm on mid-perch and would rather not change that as I'm about to add +3 Deavers. RCVs won't overheat?

Give us a call at the shop

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
[/COLOR]

I am interested in this as well, care to share some info @RPG?

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Either way, I'm looking for real world daily driving experience in a IWE delete setup where the front end is always live.

Ask anyone with any other truck. Ram, Silverado, Sierra, Ranger, Tacoma, Tundra, etc. No one else uses IWE. Just ford for some dumb reason.

as for the overheating, I would assume that comes from the angle at which the CV joints sit at. After looking at a few pictures I really don't see why mid perch would make any difference. it's not that severe of an angle. unless you have a leaky boot and have lost some grease out of it....

Mid Perch: Angle really isnt that bad at all. Still within very reasonable specs

12585d1350434481-mid-perch-mod-courtesy-khc-pics-khc-pm-08.jpg

Top Perch: Definitely can see how this would cause issues. Pretty severe angle here on the CV joints.

1631d1299346590-top-perch-mod-done-img00554-20110305-1216.jpg

Last edited:

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When designing or selecting an appropriate CV joint there are 3 factors that are directly linked together. Horsepower / Torque, Angle and Heat Dissipation.

Horsepower / torque is the amount of load or torque being applied.

Example, if you want to increase the horsepower / torque, you will need to either increase heat dissipation or reduce joint angle.

So in regards to the Raptor, if you want to install IWE eliminators (Constant rotation and increased angles), you will need to either decrease angle, move to a colder climate or change out the CV's completely to a different / larger kit.

If you want to increase the horsepower / torque (loading) you need to decrease the joint angle or increase heat dissipation.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When designing or selecting an appropriate CV joint there are 3 factors that are directly linked together. Horsepower / Torque, Angle and Heat Dissipation.

Example, if you want to increase the horsepower / torque, you will need to either increase heat dissipation or reduce joint angle.

So in regards to the Raptor, if you want to install IWE eliminators (Constant rotation and increased angles), you will need to either decrease angle, move to a colder climate or change out the CV's completely to a different / larger kit.

If you want to increase the horsepower / torque (loading) you need to decrease the joint angle or increase heat dissipation.

Sooooo, again, would RCVs axles fit that bill and not overheat?

Still waiting for a call back from you guys about a product I'd never heard of - some sort of upgraded IWEs from RCV that aren't a delete. Extremely interested in these, if they really exist. I've never heard of them and can't find any information about them. I spoke to a Cody? Cory? Colby? Couldn't quite tell, my phone was being pissy.

Unless you don't want my money. :boxed:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Not interested in increasing horse power or torque. Just looking for something to replace the stock system and not be prone to breaking.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

SILVER

Reaction score
I ordered the IWE Eliminator kit from RCV and when I pulled it apart I fount that the tip of my axle that the nut threads onto snapped completely off. So since I need a new axle I'm thinking RCV but I have all the same questions. Are they really worth the price? Will I be able to run top perch? I do have a Whipple charger as well so I have the increased torque/horsepower issue which is why I snapped the end off the axle and blew the IWE in the first place I guess...
@RPG

Last edited: