Quik wiring run down please.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
O.K., I got some lights mounted. Nothing fancy. Small aux lights. What wire info you have for me that makes the hook up a 5 minute job?

Hook up the blunted power wire for # 1, #2, #3 , or #4 as found in the booklet? These wires are ready to go? No fuse needed to be added anywhere? They are already HOT? Run power wire to hot blunt wire and ground the light, flip the switch and WALAHhhhhh? Is that all there is? Ground the lights where? To the frame near the lights or up at the fender by the hot wires?

Hurry! I am going for lunch and want to finish up asap, I HATE wiring ANYTHING. I do not like burnt smells! HAhahaaaaaaa. So PLEASE give me the schoolin boyzzzzzz.

BDRAG

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I grounded mine near where the hot wires are under the hood. If you're standing at the front of the truck with the hood open, look to the left side of the engine compartment and there are two screws. I used them for my grounding since you're running the hot from the lights right there to hook into the truck anyway.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you connect the wires behind the glovebox ( I only connected two for now), the wires inside the engine bay are HOT (when the key is on and the aux switch is up, lol)

I grounded my Vision X HIDs to the frame. I filed off an area on both inside frame panels (between the opening behind the grille) and zapped a few stingers (self tappers) in the frame. Should be good for 10 years or so.

I ran the power to the lines inside the firewall.... I put two lights on Aux #1 (red inside engine bay) and two on Aux #2 (yellow, I think)...

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Once you connect the wires behind the glovebox ( I only connected two for now), the wires inside the engine bay are HOT (when the key is on and the aux switch is up, lol)

I grounded my Vision X HIDs to the frame. I filed off an area on both inside frame panels (between the opening behind the grille) and zapped a few stingers (self tappers) in the frame. Should be good for 10 years or so.

I ran the power to the lines inside the firewall.... I put two lights on Aux #1 (red inside engine bay) and two on Aux #2 (yellow, I think)...

So your saying the wires under the hood are NOT HOT until I hook up wires behind the glove box? Well SHIT! I thought those were to be spliced in under the hood if you wanted hot wires inside the cabin. SHIT! I hope I can find that shit! You sure?
BDRAG

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
So your saying the wires under the hood are NOT HOT until I hook up wires behind the glove box? Well SHIT! I thought those were to be spliced in under the hood if you wanted hot wires inside the cabin. SHIT! I hope I can find that shit! You sure?
BDRAG

Corerect. You have some soldering to do behind the glovebox.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol..... yeah, Ford decided to only give ya about an inch of wire to get those spliced.

I'm sure they are NOT HOT on purpose in case the hot wires are accidentally grounded and could cause problems.