Out their dam minds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Skyscraper: "Would you rather not have a free market economy? I guess the government could come in and decide what can be sold for what price. Sounds a lot like communism to me."

Response: What utter ********. Nobody mentioned politics until you did.
Honest dealing is what I'm talking about. Honest dealings pay positive dividends in the long run, and dishonest dealings pay negative dividends. Some years back there was a historic ice storm in the Deep South and people were without power from 3 days to over a week. A local Kawasaki-Yamaha dealership doubled the price on their kerosene heaters. That ruined their reputation in the community and they were out of business before the year was out.

Raptizzle: "Ruger, If you yourself owned a dealership, who would you sell a car to... the guy looking to get a discount or the guy who is more than happy to hand you let's say $5K over for the same car? I'm eager to hear your response."

Response: Interesting scenario. Do you really think that dealers behave that way? Because it presupposes that they take names and offers and pick the highest offer after a period of time has elapsed. Rubbish. My experience with dealerships is that the vehicles on the lot represent investments with sunk costs and which they have to insure while they're on the lot, and that the cash flow associated with moving them is what their business is all about. In direct response to your very hypothetical question, I'd sell to the first person in the door with the money to buy at a reasonable price. I would never even consider doing what the Kawasaki-Yamaha dealer did, because a retail business is financially dependent upon the community, upon a good reputation within the community, and upon favorable and frequent positive word of mouth. And that's just the business end of it. Then there's the ethics of honesty and the morality of cheating.

SVT N8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cowles always marks stuff up like this. ****** me off. I use to live a mile from them. Their service department was awesome though. Matt Norris always took care of me even out of warranty. Often leaving without paying a dime.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skyscraper: "Would you rather not have a free market economy? I guess the government could come in and decide what can be sold for what price. Sounds a lot like communism to me."

Response: What utter ********. Nobody mentioned politics until you did.
Honest dealing is what I'm talking about. Honest dealings pay positive dividends in the long run, and dishonest dealings pay negative dividends. Some years back there was a historic ice storm in the Deep South and people were without power from 3 days to over a week. A local Kawasaki-Yamaha dealership doubled the price on their kerosene heaters. That ruined their reputation in the community and they were out of business before the year was out.

Raptizzle: "Ruger, If you yourself owned a dealership, who would you sell a car to... the guy looking to get a discount or the guy who is more than happy to hand you let's say $5K over for the same car? I'm eager to hear your response."

Response: Interesting scenario. Do you really think that dealers behave that way? Because it presupposes that they take names and offers and pick the highest offer after a period of time has elapsed. Rubbish. My experience with dealerships is that the vehicles on the lot represent investments with sunk costs and which they have to insure while they're on the lot, and that the cash flow associated with moving them is what their business is all about. In direct response to your very hypothetical question, I'd sell to the first person in the door with the money to buy at a reasonable price. I would never even consider doing what the Kawasaki-Yamaha dealer did, because a retail business is financially dependent upon the community, upon a good reputation within the community, and upon favorable and frequent positive word of mouth. And that's just the business end of it. Then there's the ethics of honesty and the morality of cheating.

You're suggesting dealers are being "dishonest" and "cheating" by adding a market adjustment? That's interesting...

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cowles always marks stuff up like this. ****** me off. I use to live a mile from them. Their service department was awesome though. Matt Norris always took care of me even out of warranty. Often leaving without paying a dime.

Yeah I've been getting service here now for about 3 years and Norris and his guys have been great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptizzle: I only suggest what I wrote. Entertain yourself with any excursions you like, but don't try to hold me accountable for whatever you do for entertainment.

Skyscraper: Thank you for informing me about the nature of the truck I've owned for three years. What would I do without ya?

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tizzle is biased because raptor markup let's him be a house husband

That being said, if someone is willing to pay more for something than retail price, there's no fault in selling it for that. I do it on a smaller scale with electronics.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tizzle is biased because raptor markup let's him be a house husband

That being said, if someone is willing to pay more for something than retail price, there's no fault in selling it for that. I do it on a smaller scale with electronics.

Dammit, you just made me spit out my morning coffee and now I have to pause Judge Judy to clean it up.