"Market Adjustment".....LOL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobboZR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving through Manahawkin, NJ and drove by the dealership I bought my 2013 SCab from. I saw they had two 2014 SCrews on the lot and decided to look just for the hell of it. I checked out the stickers and I saw that the dealership had added a $10,000 "Market Adjustment". I couldn't hold back the laughter and I'm sure they saw me laughing as I looked at each sticker.

There was also a couple there looking at a black SCrew and I said, "That market adjustment is ridiculous". The guy proceeded to say, "I don't care about the money". I'm sure there are people (that guy being one of them) who will pay that "market adjustment" since there were 4 of them on the lot back at the beginning of last month. I paid $3240 under MSRP at that dealership in October of 2012 so that's just insane. It makes me wonder if they would give me a $10,000 market adjustment on a trade-in of my SCab. Hmmmm.....:wink:

RobDietz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Ford dealership in Newport News has a Black Screw and a Ruby Red SE 2014 on the lots both at sticker. No market adjustment.

OP
OP
B

BobboZR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford dealer in Hamden,CT - 2 SCREWS, one black one red. $70K!

Exactly! They were both going for $70K. No way in hell I would pay that. I would much sooner look for a used one at that point. Hey, obviously someone is going to buy it at that price but I just never thought it would be my dealership.

RobDietz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly! They were both going for $70K. No way in hell I would pay that. I would much sooner look for a used one at that point. Hey, obviously someone is going to buy it at that price but I just never thought it would be my dealership.

70K and it not being a rouch is insane. I don't event think the rousch package is worth 70K.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my Raptor two years ago here in Michigan the first dealer I went to wanted $5000 over sticker for the truck they had coming in. I had bought a few vehicles from that dealer previously and was so offended never have gone back and have now bought three vehicles including my Raptor from my new dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter