Jumping your truck and the DVD provided by Ford

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Shit I don't even have a DVD player anymore lol,, everything is on Apple TV and the macs seem to not have them anymore, there all 14s too lol,, damn. Looks like I'll have to watch it in a car :/ or find the upload..

Dude, I posted it here and you quoted it. LOL
Here it is again:

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, I posted it here and you quoted it. LOL
Here it is again:

You gotta be ******** me...really they are questioning an axle replacement because it broke? Sad part is it would be cheaper to have axles made then take Ford to task over it with a lawyer.... :-/

Last edited:

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Jumping your Raptor will never EVER break an axle shaft. An axle shaft breaks from losing traction and spinning freely then catching traction again. The only way you would do that in a jump would be if you did not jump properly and kept your foot in the gas in mid air and landed with your foot on the gas.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you follow the instructions provided in the video.. ? If you perform any of the maneuver's found in the video and damage your truck it is the owners responsibility.. Owners responsibility, not that of FORD.. I want to support you in your quest but at the same time know the things these trucks are being subjected to and I realize it is a pretty well made truck. The biggest mechanical issue with the truck is the nut behind the wheel.. Just my 2 cents, I would get new axles and move on with life but that's me..

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Did you follow the instructions provided in the video.. ? If you perform any of the maneuver's found in the video and damage your truck it is the owners responsibility.. Owners responsibility, not that of FORD.. I want to support you in your quest but at the same time know the things these trucks are being subjected to and I realize it is a pretty well made truck. The biggest mechanical issue with the truck is the nut behind the wheel.. Just my 2 cents, I would get new axles and move on with life but that's me..
This CANNOT be emphasized enough. Ok, so Ford makes a video showing a little jump. That does not give folks carte blanche to go do what ever they want, bust up their truck and expect Ford to fix it because "well it must be covered because Ford made a video that shows it".

There is a lot of abuse to these trucks that Ford has covered, but probably shouldn't have. There is more abuse that has not been covered. All that is accomplished by the complainers in the second group is that it discourages auto makers from building stuff like the Raptor to avoid headaches. If YOU break it, suck it up and pay to get it fixed.

That being said, this whole line of discussion is WAY off topic. Can we get back on track?

EDIT: In retrospect, I moved this discussion into its own thread as it has nothing to do with Calder's truck.

Last edited:

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's a little laser altimeter with a sat enabled router that measures distance from the bottom of the truck to the ground and if it exceeds a certain parameter, sends a signal back to Corporate to automatically void the warranty.

Are you serious !!!???? I'm calling ******** on that one !

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know what the other thread was about, so here's a comment since this subject comes up frequently...It's not fords responsibility to fix damages caused by jumping. If you choose to jump your truck, put your big boy pants on and pay for it.Nobody has pockets deep enough to fight ford in court on this.