Its a Chevy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle

Reaction score
Well I bought my 5th Chevy Silverado today! Its an '06 1500 crew cab 4x4 with the Vortec Max! When it comes to offroad parts, I just have conservative plans for now......leveling kit, 285-70-17 all terrains, and some wheels. Mabee some good stuff later. I have learned that you cant build a half aXX off road truck and compete with raptors or legitimate prerunners. It takes abuse to a whole knew level. I admire the maturity of your driving habbits.......you know when to draw the line and not give in to temptation to go faster and faster unless your skill level is on par.

Id love to have a raptor.....but my research proved that this was the most truck that I could get with my limited funds. Again.

No doubt I am a faithful Chevy fan. However, im not one of those guys that honestly thinks everything else is crap. I love reading this forum, off road mag, race dezert, etc and learning all about all different vehicles. Im a huge fan of the raptor and Im glad that I talked brian into getting one ( haha just kidding). But seriously they are fun trucks that are designed great.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Kyle, just give it a couple of years and you should be able to pick up a Raptor for cheap. In the mean time, there is nothing wrong with a Chevy. I'm cruising around in a Z71 Tahoe my self until I get my Raptor. I have driven that Tahoe all over Texas, Arkansas, Arizona and parts of California and only had to replace a fuel pump and some 4X4 switch.

AuPanda

Reaction score
Financial security and living with in your means trump any auto or truck.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
chebby man....that votex max is fast!! ans that trucks pretty sweet! Good find Kyle

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good deal Kyle! You better damn well keep us updated on your build.

Speaking of which... where are the pics of your new beast!?!

:)

Gratz bud!

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Die hard Ford man here Kyle... but my hat's off to you for being smart enough not to live out of your means. Some day we will convert you... resistance is futile! :wink:

In the mean time, just make sure you have a Ford nearby to pull you out! :mrgreen:

Really, just kidding buddy. ANY truck is better than no truck. Keep us informed of your build process, it's all good!

Falcon

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I have multiple chevy bowtie tallies on the tailgate of the Raptor...always lookin to add more!!! Keep ur towstrap handy!!!

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great choice Kyle. At least if you had to pick a chevy you picked one of the best in my opinion... nice engine, nice truck. Should have a HD trans too IIRC.

The Raptor is my first full-size Ford pickup... I come from a Chevy family... my Dad has owned nothing but Chevy trucks as long as I can remember and I've owned a few myself...

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey... if T-man can see the light... then Kyle has it wired! <G>. How much do you think we would all have to pitch in to get him a Raptor???

Falcon