I'm starting to hate my raptor : never thought this day would come.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dlamb11

Reaction score
So I've had my raptor for 4 months now,and I'm starting to hate it. Love driving it,love the roominess of it,but starting to hate the nit picky stuff going wrong with it. I'll get into it,but here is info. 2011 screw fully loaded only has 72k on it. Always dealer maintenance every 3500 miles. I'm second owner. Some may be wondering what to hate but here is a short list of things wrong or needing fixed.

-Rear defrost not working. Press button,no worky.
-Key fob only wants to work part of the time. Forget about getting the automatic start to work.
- replaced tube adapter below the oil filter. Nice 400 repair.
- sunroof is jacked up. Has mind of its own. Sometimes it will close,other times it slides back and forth a couple times before it finally closes. Just press button once and it goes nuts.
- driver side heated seat stopped working
- had to replace 2 ac vents.
- my Bluetooth with sync only works every now and then. Even after I delete and re-connect my phone.

These are just the ones that bother me. There are other things, but not any that brother me like these items do. Sad thing is I drive the truck,but I baby it. Now I know a raptor is meant to drive hard,but all these items and not one time have I driven it hard or off road. Makes me hate it and quite disappointed in all the nit picky issues with the truck so far in my 4 months of ownership. Figured it would hold up better than it has. That's end of my rant. Please share if you have any issues like this just with light driving. Thanks all for letting me vent.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you bought a truck second hand with 72k miles on it, and are pissed that known issues with things are plaguing your truck?

the things you list are common issue's people have, minus the oil tube.

replace the battery in the remote, mine lasts about 3 months before needing replacement when things stop functioning.

heated seats burn out, especially after 72k miles.

OP
OP
Dlamb11

Dlamb11

Reaction score
So you bought a truck second hand with 72k miles on it, and are pissed that known issues with things are plaguing your truck?

the things you list are common issue's people have, minus the oil tube.

replace the battery in the remote, mine lasts about 3 months before needing replacement when things stop functioning.

heated seats burn out, especially after 72k miles.

By no means am I pissed about it. I'm more disappointed that these issues happen with 72k on truck. I bought truck with 70k on it. So I've driven the truck roughly 2200 miles in 4 months of ownership. Just seems like every time I drive it something else is a issue. Just disappointed about the quality of the parts on the truck. I just like to enjoy driving and owning my raptor. Don't like it needing little items every time I drive it. Takes the fun out of the truck having to fix little issues than just being able to get in it and drive.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
'10 here...

The sunroofs are problematic on these things, although I haven't had any issues with mine. My rear defrost hasn't worked in several years (but I never need it). My driver's side heated seat went out after a year and half, replaced under warranty.

Best truck I ever owned.:birgits_tiredcoffee

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bought mine brand new June 2010. My only complaint is that my a/c / heat only blows on 3 and 4. 1 and 2 do nothing. Oh and the rear window annoys the **** out of me with its constant rattling. I just open the windows everything is fixed then. Super cheap too.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would say that the Raptor is the best truck I have ever owned. 34,000 miles and 0 issues. But, I am expecting something down the road, just like any vehicle.

You don't know if the last owner left a window/sunroof open in a rain storm that is causing electrical issue now. Who knows. I would say that most of your items can be fixed with a little invested, and others you may just have to deal with.

Hang in there, mod the shit out of it, and you'll begin to enjoy it. Especially after you air it out in the dirt a few times.

Good luck!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter