How cold is your air?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same as @Jimbo my raptor is blowing artic-cold air like a fighter jet, whatever temp is set...But at least it works damn good !

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same complaint as I have never felt mine was as cold as it could be...the dealers have all said it's normal thus far.

Zeus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have been quite disappointed with the A/C. It works, but it doesn't get as cold as other vehicles I've had, including a 2002 super duty (7.3). I doubt there is anything wrong with it as it has been like this since new.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2014 blows arctic air out! I set it on whatever temp I want it keeps it right there. I do notice a lot of fan noise, but it doesn't bother me at highway speeds.....

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar problem in the hot Florida sun. I did some experimenting with the a/c and think I understand why it appears to not work that well.

Being a Software Engineer by trade, I blame it on the temperature control unit/software.

Usually I have mine set at 72. When I first get into the hot truck, it does not seem to cool as expected, however the air is cold enough. Eventually it will get comfortable. Setting down to 65 (or Max) seems to kick in the fan to a higher speed and cool down quicker.

So my theory is that the temperature control is just not working like other cars. I'm not sure where the temperature sensor is located, but if it is checking the output (not the ambient temperature), it may not be compensating for the radiant heat of the console/seats/dash.

I just turn mine down to 65 or so, and wait until it's comfortable. Then I reset to 72 and all seems well. Give this a try before putting in more freon or taking it for service.

Yes I are a Rocket Scientist

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
My Raptor always seems to be cold... I often find myself turning the temp to 73 or 74 to keep from freezing. It will warm the cabin... I was in 11° weather with the temp set to 69° and it was warm and all.

It just seems to default to cold vs. warm. I guess next month when we are in Las Vegas will be the real test.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a similar problem in the hot Florida sun. I did some experimenting with the a/c and think I understand why it appears to not work that well.

Being a Software Engineer by trade, I blame it on the temperature control unit/software.

Usually I have mine set at 72. When I first get into the hot truck, it does not seem to cool as expected, however the air is cold enough. Eventually it will get comfortable. Setting down to 65 (or Max) seems to kick in the fan to a higher speed and cool down quicker.

So my theory is that the temperature control is just not working like other cars. I'm not sure where the temperature sensor is located, but if it is checking the output (not the ambient temperature), it may not be compensating for the radiant heat of the console/seats/dash.

I just turn mine down to 65 or so, and wait until it's comfortable. Then I reset to 72 and all seems well. Give this a try before putting in more freon or taking it for service.

Yes I are a Rocket Scientist
The cab temperature sensor is located on the dash to the right if the steering wheel. Behind the small slotted openings.

Are you guys sure the a.c. is on recirculation? I notice that sometimes it will turn that option off.

Also, washing your a.c. condenser will help gain you a few more degrees.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

Last edited:

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No matter how low I have the A/C on, my truck sounds like a damn 747 taking off. That fan runs so loud ALL THE TIME.

I dropped off my truck this am for the blend door actuator. While there, my wife mentioned how loud the fans were. I wasn't going to, because everyone here has loud fans so I thought it was normal.

Well, the truck is spending the weekend at the dealership because they've ordered new high pressure lines. Apparently, what they found was a valve on the high pressure side was clogged which results in the fans running on high, whenever the A/C is running. It sounds like they know what their talking about.

I'll let you know how it plays out when I get the truck back along with the paperwork listing parts etc.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRR all you can get is a 30 degree temp drop from exterior ambient to interior vent so those of you where it gets screaming hot you aren't going to see the same vent temps as those in more temperate areas.
I have found that for best results while in traffic I have to run it on recirc, on the freeway this usually isn't needed. But then Nor NV isn't all that hot when compared to Phoenix or Las Vegas,
I had an 03 Jeep TJ and the A/C it had was exceptional, it seemed to have an exemption from the laws of physics.