Hit n run did a number on my truck..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kngranch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last Thursday I parked my truck in front of a friends house on what I would consider a low traffic, quiet residential street. Upon returning the next morning to retrieve my truck, I was informed by my friends aunt that there had been a loud crash in front of the house in the middle of the night, but by the time she got outside, the other car was already half way down the street and she unfortunately couldn't make out a license plate number or car make/model. From the pieces of grill left at the scene, I'm positive it was a Pontiac solstice that creamed the front of the truck. Surprised it was able to drive out of there after a hit like that. They hit the truck hard enough to push the passenger tire up onto the curb (hard to see in the pictures).

Filed a claim on my uninsured motorists coverage with State Farm and it's currently in the shop. Preliminary estimate is at $7200 before they even start digging into any possible suspension damage. Terrible that someone could just slam into someone's pride and joy and just flee the scene. They are replacing the upper bumper cover, front bumper, drivers headlight, various brackets, front grill, radiator support, skid plate, fender liner, tow hook and repairing some inner tie bar next to the radiator support. Parts are crazy expensive. Attached are a couple pictures of it at the scene and then at the body shop during disassembly. Passenger side beauty ring also has a beautiful gouge in it now too. They are thinking they should have the truck done by the middle of next week, so for now I'm stuck with driving a POS rental Camry. Lesson learned, don't park the truck in the street.

287fb689f2efff7a0cfc8e4affb39802_zpsjjtoewie.jpg
99f6ee135fd45faa190ee818751a8626_zps9bdxccug.jpg
981457e7a156194a59c22caef05def25_zpsqmsi27je.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

Bet they were drunk. Wonder if you can get diminished value from your own insurance company if its going to be reported on carfax now? Sucks that happened and you have to go through that.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely drunk which is why they didn't stop. Of the 100+ single vehicle accidents I've seen, if it was not a snow covered road the driver was drunk. Especially at 4am when they run from the scene.

Good luck man, I can't imagine the feeling.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bet they were drunk. Wonder if you can get diminished value from your own insurance company if its going to be reported on carfax now? Sucks that happened and you have to go through that.

You are eligible for dv on aum claim. When the repairs are completed just ask. Sucks man good luck on the repair

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't worry, she'll be fixed just like new. I had the same type of damage a couple years back. I know it can be stressful, but at least they are replacing everything and not trying to repair. Good luck

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely drunk which is why they didn't stop. Of the 100+ single vehicle accidents I've seen, if it was not a snow covered road the driver was drunk. Especially at 4am when they run from the scene.

Yup, drinky, drinky...I absolutely despise gutless ***** like that who hit other people's property and flee. You said from the parts your positive it was a Pontiac Solstice? Have you checked all the parts/pieces for any VIN markings or serial numbers? Did your friend or his Aunt know of anyone in the area who might drive something like that? Those aren't an everyday sight seen vehicle.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

******* people man how do you do it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter