Hellion Twin Turbo Review (LONG)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aksubiedubie

Reaction score
FYI Turbos will still eat some power. Pressure is generated due to housing restriction and that pressure puts countacting force on the piston as it is shoving it into the exhaust. It doesn't use too much and is maybe 1/5th the cost of a supercharger but it does use some power up.

I suppose it will come down to the torque you gain compared to the amount of friction you lose by staying in a lower gear and any reduced pumping losses depending on manifold and turbos.

I have seen figures where lightning and cobra guys go to turbos and gain MPG - cobra guy sgo from like 20 or 21 highway to like 25 or 26. Those are with old eatons though.

I'll be posting up some results from my tri y headers here in the next few weeks. hoping to finish up the downpipes this weekend and get it running :D

OP
OP
Hedges4

Hedges4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I guess I have a kid on the way now and the wife says that I need something with 4 full doors. I said no minivans

The truck is on ebay. 41k. Obo

appeasing the wife. Not too interested in getting rid of it.

For those of you who actually read the first post, the oil leak was at the return line to the pan. I removed the tap, cleaned it off, wrapped it then coated it with 3m put it back in and gone.

Any questions let me know ....

Schrandt13

Reaction score
Interested in selling the hellion kit?

schaibaa -- i would be interested in selling my Hellion kit. I'm not going to give it away but wouldn't mind trying a whipple. Brand new headers and turbos. i learned the hard way not to wrap stainless headers on a turbo engine. CRACK!

Attachments

• IMG_5381.jpg
    IMG_5381.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 80

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
schaibaa -- i would be interested in selling my Hellion kit. I'm not going to give it away but wouldn't mind trying a whipple. Brand new headers and turbos. i learned the hard way not to wrap stainless headers on a turbo engine. CRACK!

Wow!!!! What did you do for an intercooler and it’s location? Any issues with moisture buildup in it?

OP
OP
Hedges4

Hedges4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow!!!! What did you do for an intercooler and it’s location? Any issues with moisture buildup in it?

The intercooler is located right behind the bumper. I haven't had any issues with moisture