Have You Noticed A Difference Between 5.4 & 6.2 Owners 1st Impressions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's something I've noticed and I wonder if you have too. And I apologize in advance for this observation because it's a generalization...

5.4 owners' first impressions were all about the Raptor. What it's like to sit in it, drive it, its size and width (it IS wider), etc.

While 6.2 owners' first impressions seem primarily to be all about the motor. It's not like 6.2 owners have spent any appreciable time behind the wheel of the 5.4 so it's logical to assume that they can't compare the two (really) but they can talk about the 6.2's power.

I haven't seen 6.2 owners respond to the vehicle like the 5.4 owners have. I assume that it's because the 6.2 owners have spent a lot of time waiting and listening to the 5.4 owners' impressions and they are far more familiar with the Raptor than the 5.4 owners were when they got their Raptors.

Have you seen this too? What do you think?

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
I can say that, seeing as I'm in that category, that I figured most are curious to hear about the 6.2's performance right now. I touched on a couple of general things about the ride and handling and such in my first little review. I think that most of us know what to expect from the Raptor as a whole just from following the forum all this time but, the motor is where the focus is on the 6.2 Raptor currently. I could easily right a review on every characteristic of the truck though, I love everything about it! In time though, I think the focus will be about everything on both models.

GTS RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK Fuel economy sucks and it has no badging:)

:agree: But that's ok.
So far, I haven't found anything I don't like about the Raptor.
Although, factory mud guards would have been a welcome addition or some Raptor specific mud guards from Ford Racing.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On the lines of what SOCO said, I think almost everyone was wondering about the power of the 6.2 so that tends to be the focus of most new owner write-ups. That's not to say that the 6.2 owners don't love their Raptors, as a whole, as much as us 5.4 guys. Hell I'm just glad that people starting getting their 6.2s finally.

Raptor enroute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan the only difference I have noticed is that I have a 6.2 and you have a 5.4 other than that they are the same....my best smartass impersonation hehe:)