GEN 1 Hard To Find SVT Raptor Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Looked into buying a 2008 or 2009 H2 fairly recently, just for fun and nostalgia. Aside from finding out 2008 and 2009 prices are insane, the general commentary on the internet was that the aftermarket was completely dried up and if you wanted to mod it everything was pretty much custom only at this point.

There were well over 100k H2s sold.
Different markets, I would say. Based on my admittedly limited knowledge of the H2, most of the mods were aimed at street cruising with a much smaller segment of the population modding for real off-road use. Contrast that with the Raptor where many more of the them are modded for real off-road use (even the mall crawlers). The only folks that really off-roaded the H2 were rock crawlers who recognized the limitations of the platform and moved on to other vehicles (namely Jeeps).

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I am definitely going for is a set of bead locking rings as the new wheels are different. Even though I do not plan on bolting them up, I do plan on keeping that option. and maybe some floor mats lol anyone who had an 03/04 cobra knows what I'm talking about

edit; or maybe just any part with an SVT on it

Last edited:

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to have one full set of extra bead lock wheels. Most likely mounted with say winter tires. I already one set of bead lock rings. Will these wheels always be available? Still my favorite Raptor wheel.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I am definitely going for is a set of bead locking rings as the new wheels are different. Even though I do not plan on bolting them up, I do plan on keeping that option. and maybe some floor mats lol anyone who had an 03/04 cobra knows what I'm talking about

edit; or maybe just any part with an SVT on it

I do
Cobra floor mats are $$$

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are OEM requirements to keep and provide parts for a given number of years, usually 10 is what I here.

I own a 2006 H3, which had a number built, and I can share my insight from that. There are significant differences between comparing a truck like the Hummer (any model) to the Raptor.

You should not have any issues finding parts through a dealer netwrok for a number of years. I can easily get parts for my Hummer going through my local Cadillac dealer (remember there is not Hummer brand). I don't think finding OE components for repair will be difficult. I have seen more and more parts coming from China for OE replacements, my guess is that there are companies buying scrapped tools, refurbishing them, and offering parts through the internet.

I would expect the aftermarket to remain strong for these trucks. It is not as much the volume of vehicles built, but the market and attitude towards them. There are a number of companies supporting of vehicle models with low volumes. If the people want to buy they will.

Kaiser is right on the Hummer market. It was a poorly marketed plan for that truck, which was part of its demise, and there is very little aftermarket. Once the brand was killed, the aftermarket pulled out. I am curious to see if there is going to be a growth in that market (as used vehicle prices come down, will more people buy them with the intent to off-road them).

If I keep my truck.... I am not too concerned about getting parts 5 or 10 years from now.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you think you'll ever want to do a 100% stock truck, I'd pull the windshield with the factory "born in" sticker which will probably not be found again. Finding a perfect one in the future would be very hard. If you could find just the sticker now it would be the way to go.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I am curious to see if there is going to be a growth in that market (as used vehicle prices come down, will more people buy them with the intent to off-road them).
I would seriously doubt it. There are more capable platforms to be bought and modified for less money and with more aftermarket options. I am sure there will be those that will want them because they are not a Jeep / FJ / etc., but I doubt it will be many.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would seriously doubt it. There are more capable platforms to be bought and modified for less money and with more aftermarket options. I am sure there will be those that will want them because they are not a Jeep / FJ / etc., but I doubt it will be many.

Right there with you, except I would argue a FJ and in many cases Jeep are of equal capability from the factory. I have seen a small growth in people buying them, just because they are NOT a Jeep or FJ and modifing / working on them. Unfortunately, you need to be motivated to take your own risk on it the work and cost. I agree, I don't think a SDHQ or Outlaw type company would have interest.