GEN 1 Hard To Find SVT Raptor Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The numbers are now in, there have been a grand total of 77,000 (approximate) Ford F-150 SVT Raptors produced. They have been out of production for over a year now. Two facts:

1 - is amazing that the Raptor community has as many Raptor specific vendors and aftermarket parts wroth such a limited market.

2 - the total number of Gen. 1 Raptors is getting smaller and smaller.

A few questions to discuss. I've never been part of a limited production vehicle before, so maybe those who have can shed some insight.

1 - How long will the aftermarket vendors continue to produce Raptor specific upgrades and parts with a dwindling market?

2 - How long will Ford continue to support the manufacture of OEM replacement parts? I think in some aspects we are lucky that most of the parts are compatible with the standard F-150.

3 - What Raptor specific parts will become harder and harder to find?
Rear axles?
Front suspension components?
Body panels?
Steering rack / pump?
Beadlock trim rings?
We should probably identify the problem areas and which parts are Raptor specific.

4 - For those of us who are keeping our Raptors "till death do us part", does it make sense to try and buy some of the harder to find components when we do find them?

5 - what else do we need to know / discuss for a limited production vehicle that's market is getting smaller and smaller?

6 - Train A is traveling from Chicago to New York. How fast is train A going when the gravitational pull off the moon is 1.622 m/s^2?

:wizhuh:

Yukon Joe

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sold my Chevy SSR last year, they stopped building it in 2006. I have no idea how many of them there were, but just by looking on the road, I'd say many more Raptors. Anyway, parts were never an issue while I had mine. With so many of our parts interchangeable with a F150, I wouldn't think they will be a problem. However, the venders who make us Raptor specific stuff, it would appear the day will come when we either all have or don't want what they make. Just my thoughts.

D

Deleted member 12951

Perhaps a reason I decided to keep all my take off stock parts but that doesn't account for parts that have not failed yet. The rear axle and steering rack are my two biggest concerns. How long does a manufacturer normally support parts? 2009-2014.

LSBRaptor

Reaction score
The numbers are now in, there have been a grand total of 77,000 (approximate) Ford F-150 SVT Raptors produced. They have been out of production for over a year now. Two facts:

1 - is amazing that the Raptor community has as many Raptor specific vendors and aftermarket parts wroth such a limited market.

2 - the total number of Gen. 1 Raptors is getting smaller and smaller.

A few questions to discuss. I've never been part of a limited production vehicle before, so maybe those who have can shed some insight.

1 - How long will the aftermarket vendors continue to produce Raptor specific upgrades and parts with a dwindling market?

2 - How long will Ford continue to support the manufacture of OEM replacement parts? I think in some aspects we are lucky that most of the parts are compatible with the standard F-150.

Rear axles?
Body panels?
Steering rack / pump?
Beadlock trim rings?
We should probably identify the problem areas and which parts are Raptor specific.

4 - For those of us who are keeping our Raptors "till death do us part", does it make sense to try and buy some of the harder to find components when we do find them?

5 - what else do we need to know / discuss for a limited production vehicle that's market is getting smaller and smaller?

6 - Train A is traveling from Chicago to New York. How fast is train A going when the gravitational pull off the moon is 1.622 m/s^2?

:wizhuh:

Yukon Joe

I don't think you will have an issues finding part for it for over a decade. Ford parts website still has all the part for my 2004 excursion even the entire 6.0L Diesel engine. I checked real quick and they still have all the part. I was planning on replacing parts as need. Until it got taken from me. And if anything websites like LMC truck has every body and part component so you could to a restoration on every truck I know about.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looked into buying a 2008 or 2009 H2 fairly recently, just for fun and nostalgia. Aside from finding out 2008 and 2009 prices are insane, the general commentary on the internet was that the aftermarket was completely dried up and if you wanted to mod it everything was pretty much custom only at this point.

There were well over 100k H2s sold.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
My thoughts below in red.
-I think the commonality with the F-150 will be a pivotal factor. With so many parts that interchange and sheer numbers of them (aftermarket, NOS parts, junkyards, etc.), those bases are well covered.

Rear axles?
-Aftermarket can make just about anything, so it will be down to price rather than availability.
-Unless they are destroyed, the lowers can be rebuilt, OEM uppers (ball joint replacement) might be more of the issue.
Body panels?
Steering rack / pump?
-Both are rebuildable, are there interchanges with F-150 or F-250?
Beadlock trim rings?

-Me being one of that group, I would not as I don't have the finances for it nor do I think it is necessary - refer above.

-Not entirely the same, but look at MazdaSpeed Miatas. They only made 5400, but many, many more regular Miatas. Parts interchange with the regular models combined with a healthy aftermarket keep these cars in good shape.

-Insufficient data on train, initial conditions and direction of travel.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I knew Will would do the train one. Too bad there wasn't enough data.