FYI the harbor freight race jacks are on sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Save your money and buy a good one.

Mine failed after using it to rotate the tires one day.

If you want to buy one for looks and carry it around in the bed of your truck for runs, then you might be alright. But it won't stand up to regular use.

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have the smaller of the two 1.5t HF aluminum jacks that I use for my Mach 1 and it has worked to pull my wheels and mid perch adjustment with no issues. I'm going to get the 2T and buy the skid.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Over a years use and abuse of my 3ton jack and no issues. Used it for multiple installs and no failure.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 1.5ton HF/foutz setup in my toolbox with a jackstand. It does the job to lift a corner and is very compact in size. A friend did use my older 1.5ton HF to rotate tires at havoc. Lifting both front and both rear together though was too much, it bled out doing the 2nd half of the swap. I do still think the lil guy is functional for emergency 1 corner repairs.

I do have the 2ton HF jack and C4skid as well, just haven't permanently fixed it on my bedrack, wish that one fit in my toolbox. Its been the workhorse in my garage the last year until recently getting their long reach one, lot more height for lifting our trucks

On another note, a fellow S14 truck needed a trail repair last weekend and was quite impressed how well the high-lift style jack worked in the hitch receiver. My hi-lift has been collecting dust since I got it, may need to work that into the bed rack solution as well

Last edited: