Door Unlock Code Weirdness...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Me2

Reaction score
I bought a 2013 Raptor a few days ago and located the factory door unlock code behind the passenger kick panel. It worked just fine to erase the former owner's code. However, when I enter it so that I can program one of my own, it won't register. The 5 asterisks show up and the enter key lights up, but when I push it, there is no prompt, confirmation, or error message, etc., and nothing happens other than the box where the asterisks show up goes blank again. If I pick some random number, it does exactly the same thing. I know the number is correct because the former owner told me his number, which worked before I erased it and does not work now. I am completely confused by this...
:rage:

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the code behind the kickplate resets the code to the factory door lock code that should be on the credit card which came with your truck. You need to find that exact number. Don't trust the previous owner on trying to remember it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Me2

Reaction score
It is the factory code and it works fine. I'm just unable to program my own code. I was able to get the prompts working after a system reset. I programmed in my code and it was accepted, but it still didn't work. I tried playing around with it a bit and it still didn't work. Then I tried erasing my code and everything went back to the way I described it above (no prompts or acknowledgement, etc.). Unless somebody has a better idea, I'll just stick with the factory code now that I have it burned into my brain from using it so much. :crazy:

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so you are saying that the factory code works without problems, correct? And that your issue is that you cannot assign a custom code?

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never use it. Just have the factory code as a contact in my phone so I can look it up in case I ever lock my keys inside. Other than that useless.

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not so useless for guys that surf and cant put an electronic key in their wetsuit. This is one of my favorite features

OP
OP
M

Me2

Reaction score
Okay so you are saying that the factory code works without problems, correct? And that your issue is that you cannot assign a custom code?

Correct.

not so useless for guys that surf and cant put an electronic key in their wetsuit. This is one of my favorite features

Yep. Lots of situations where it is useful that involve being neither old nor blind.