Damned if I do, Damned if I don't

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Killjohnathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so this is a pretty stupid question, but I am really struggling with a decision.

I am going to be going to the TRR15 in april.

The question is - Do I upgrade now or after.

I know the initial response is the obvious do it now, but hear me out.

There is nothing "wrong" with my truck right now. I have 46K miles on it and in my opinion it is getting ready to need new shocks, leafs and tires. The shocks, leafs and tires are in "good" condition and don't need to be replaced, I just want to upgrade them. So, the last time I was at TRR I beat the shit out of my truck and took chunks out of my fairly new tires. A lot of fun, but still. So, my thought is maybe I should do TRR with the gear I have. Beat the crap out of it and then After TRR upgrade everything. That way I can enjoy the "newness" of the upgrades for a little longer before I beat on them.

Am I being a "street queen" for worrying about tearing up my new upgrades (especially the tires)?

It is a lot of cash to shell out, so I am really struggling with the decision.

Let the Flame throwing begin and thanks for your opinion!

970Co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you!

I just bought Icon 3.0s, another set of wheels and tire.

I feel that TRR will be more fun with the shocks. It why I bought them now. Your concern about tires I share also. But hey I could cut someone off and get tires slashed

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
That would be awesome Jimbo, but I think it would be difficult to do!
@HAYNES OFFROAD

No way, Joseph will easily get you squared away. That would be quite the experience, drive the truck as is, then immediately get to drive it and feel every bit of difference to your upgrades, then Joseph will get you all re-torqued for the drive home.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Jeez @Jimbo trying to make me work at TRR! Gonna make me sweat hahaha!:ROFLJest:

But seriously, @Killjohnathan its possible to do, i would prolly have to snag a extra pair of hands from one of the @svc guys (if they arnt tooo busy) to speed up the process, but i dont see why we couldnt get you setup. I can get you setup with a decent package deal to save some money too. Let me know if I can help!

I would wait on the tires till after TRR.

-Joseph Haynes

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Trey mentioned the property owners cut a new trail and bypassed a lot of the rocky portions - hopefully making the track easier on our tires. I'd say upgrade now so you can really see how well your truck will perform with all the upgrades.