GEN 1 Brakes Squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qfastvette

Reaction score
I have a problem with my breaks squeaking really bad when I reverse my truck. Does anyone have a fix?

Also my two front doors just started squeaking bad when I open and close them. I add wd40 to door and still no help.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotta lube up the part where the pads slide. Mine squeaked too until I lubed em up. I use the Permatex synthetic ceramic grease. Use a brush, wipe off any excess.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
when you wash your vehicle do you wash your BRAKES off? clean and clear all the dirt and grime around them?

wd40 is a water displacement tool, i dont know if its the best to use for squeaks. i would clean the area really well and figure out the exact spot that is making noise. figure out if the noise should be there or not, if it should then put a tiny tiny amount of some type of white or clear auto grease on that spot. if it shouldnt be making that noise, try to find the part that fixes it.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I would probably use a lithium grease for the doors.
Mine did it as well but once I put that on gone.

As for your brakes, have you removed your wheels and checked the brakes?
Maybe your indicator is starting to hit the rotor.
There could also be a small stone stuck somewhere, I've had that happen.

OP
OP
Q

qfastvette

Reaction score
I didn't put wd40 on breaks. I did replace all my pads and rotors on the front and rear with factory parts and still same problem. When I take it to the dealer they say that is normal.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
According to Ford its a safety feature.....NOT only people can see you backing up but they can hear you too.
Same idea as a senior living bus, that beeps when in reverse. Mine started to make noise too and I just do not give a shit anymore.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine squeal for a few seconds this time of year before they get warm, all OE parts. Only seems to happen when its a little damp out.