Bought a 2014. Have some comments and questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score

IamCanadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the similar issue with my 4L engagement and disengagement. The cause was the front thrust bearing broke and damage the planetary gear in the transfer case. Not cheap so I would have the dealer check it out before your warranty expires. The shop foreman said he had a few other trucks with the same issues and suspect the bearing was defected prior to assembly.

Cheers.

OP
OP
allenfrx

allenfrx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the similar issue with my 4L engagement and disengagement. The cause was the front thrust bearing broke and damage the planetary gear in the transfer case. Not cheap so I would have the dealer check it out before your warranty expires. The shop foreman said he had a few other trucks with the same issues and suspect the bearing was defected prior to assembly.

Cheers.
Yea. It says "delay pull forward" and then you have no drive gear.

You have to start over
Happens both goin in and out of 4l

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
allenfrx

allenfrx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, the same issue was having.
Did it also occasionally degrade into full on grinding if you kept trying to get it in drive?

Also was the fix to go back to neutral, switch back to 2H and start over....or if stuck in 4l, switch back to 4l wait a minute and then start over trying to go back to 2h?

Did it switch between 4H and 2H without issue?

What was the fix (i have apt for Thursday)

OP
OP
allenfrx

allenfrx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it work fine from 2H to 4H.

The dealership replaced the thrust bearing and planetary gear.
Any chance there is also secondary damage from the grinding? I only screwed with it 3 times before making an apt and each time i quickly put it in neutral when it grinded....but who knows how many times the previous owner ground it.

IamCanadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it also occasionally degrade into full on grinding if you kept trying to get it in drive?

Also was the fix to go back to neutral, switch back to 2H and start over....or if stuck in 4l, switch back to 4l wait a minute and then start over trying to go back to 2h?

Did it switch between 4H and 2H without issue?

What was the fix (i have apt for Thursday)

So what was the verdict from the dealership?