Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a used 2014 screw with around 26k miles.

While the carfax is rather light on information, the sales manager tried to give me a breakdown on the truck. (Bare in mind, this truck is like 10 hours away from me).

He stated that during the post trade inspection, they noted that the rear tires were choppy due to a lack of rotation. Thus, they put 4 new tires on it and realigned it.

Has anyone heard of this issue? Should I be concerned about anything? Is there anything else I should now chase now that I know this?

I inquired about the shocks, and was told they are in good shape.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm looking at a used 2014 screw with around 26k miles.

While the carfax is rather light on information, the sales manager tried to give me a breakdown on the truck. (Bare in mind, this truck is like 10 hours away from me).

He stated that during the post trade inspection, they noted that the rear tires were choppy due to a lack of rotation. Thus, they put 4 new tires on it and realigned it.

Has anyone heard of this issue? Should I be concerned about anything? Is there anything else I should now chase now that I know this?

I inquired about the shocks, and was told they are in good shape.

Lack of rotation will cause cupping. I would be to worried about it.

OP
OP
S

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lack of rotation will cause cupping. I would be to worried about it.

Ok, but as I said above, 4 new tires were put on and it was realigned.

Does that amend the problem or is there an underlying issue I'm not seeing?

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, but as I said above, 4 new tires were put on and it was realigned.

Does that amend the problem or is there an underlying issue I'm not seeing?

My bad. I meant I wouldn't* be too worried about it. Nice that you'll get new tires as well.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
26k miles is just about broke in. I put 98k on mine and never had any serious issues. Mostly Raptor Run issues - which were fixed under warranty!!! Of the thousands I spent on the truck, it was spent on mods. Never spent a dime on repairs/maintenance......

Get an extended warranty.

ENJOY!!!

OP
OP
S

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
26k miles is just about broke in. I put 98k on mine and never had any serious issues. Mostly Raptor Run issues - which were fixed under warranty!!! Of the thousands I spent on the truck, it was spent on mods. Never spent a dime on repairs/maintenance......

Get an extended warranty.

ENJOY!!!

I haven't reached a final negotiation space on this, but what would an extended warranty run? Is it really that important?

We had one on my wife's old tC, never used it once. We had one on my Camaro, never used it either.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't reached a final negotiation space on this, but what would an extended warranty run? Is it really that important?

We had one on my wife's old tC, never used it once. We had one on my Camaro, never used it either.

I had a leaking seal in the transmission, and had I not had the warranty, it would have cost me like $1900.00. I think my extended warranty was a little less than that if I remember right. I guess it would depend on what you plan on doing with the truck, but one insignificant transmission repair will pay for itself in no time.

Just threw it out there for your consideration.......

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just had my sunroof repaired due to two little plastic BS pieces. Would have been $1,800 without my extended warranty...

Yeah I had the same thing happen, ford only replaces the whole slide assembly not the 2 little broken plastic parts. With that, transmission bulkhead connector TSB, drivers door window controls, air vent and a few other items the warranty has paid for itself. The trick with the small things is to wait for a few of them or a big item than claim them so your not paying your deductible for things that are low cost. The only thing I have repaired my self is a front leaf spring mount that was ovaled out due to lack of pre run checks.