Can't decide between black or silver scab.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leadfoot

Reaction score
Do I flip a coin? Both look good.

Black stealthier? Don't need graphics on the black.

Fewer silver scabs on the road?

OP
OP
leadfoot

leadfoot

Reaction score
I plan on driving it on gravel roads and offroading. If I get the silver, I was just going to get the hood graphic. No NAV and no moonroof.

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a black one and I would love a silver one. Put the matte black hood hood on it and rally the crap out of it and it will still look pretty good. The black is very thin and chips easy IMO. It also really shows how good Ford is at doing the orange peel paint job.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
most people get black.... be different! :waytogo:

that said, i had one, and clean and in the sun it looked killer! but that look didnt last real long.... i washed mine and stupid me didnt wash and dry my detailers rags first, so all it did was push water around and leave blue fuzzies all over it, so i tried the wind method of drying it by driving around theblock a few times fast.... it almost looked worse.... every water spot showed like a pizza sauce on a white shirt.....

now my Molten Orange, i washed it and didnt bother drying it since im getting work done soon and a better wash.... still looks great!

if you really like the black and are OCD with cleaning your truck, that Tuxedo Black will look killer! if not, then the Silver will probably look the best. and i think the graphics look great on the silver.

OP
OP
leadfoot

leadfoot

Reaction score
Thanks for all your comments!

I think I will go with silver and the hood graphic. I won't get the bed graphics because I don't want it to say RAPTOR all down the side of the truck. I kind of preferred the old bed graphic.

I have seen black scabs on the road, but I haven't seen any silver scabs in town yet.

Last edited: