Buying a Raptor in the Next 5-6 Months

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shb5007

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am (obviously) new around here.

I have been peeking around and started doing some research before buying a Raptor in September / October.

Basically, I am posting here for any extra insight that might help me in my search. If you can provide any information you think is important, that would be awesome.

I am searching in the $37,000-$40,000 range and I want a 6.2L, other than that I am still learning and looking around.

I have started learning the differences between each model year, but I know in my price range I will be looking at one of the earlier model years. Are there any certain years or models to stay away from?

Thanks for any insight...I will probably update this thread with any questions that I come across.

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be buying around the same time and am in Richmond, VA. I'll be looking for a 2013+ screw. We will have to keep in touch and let eachother know when we find something since you'll be looking for a earlier model and i'll be looking for a later.

They are going to be hard to find and expensive since they stopped producing them for a couple years. Gonna get the raw end of the supply/demand deal haha.

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what advice i can give since the prices are fluctuating do the the end of the production run of this version. Most prices are starting to rise due to the 2017 version sporting a 6 cylinder ecoboost motor instead of a V8 and six months from now the prices could be higher or way lower? I can tell you that the 2012 and below had a way better radio and the way it functioned was way better. The 2014 version has better brakes and more frame reinforcements, and the off road mode tune is way better.

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what advice i can give since the prices are fluctuating do the the end of the production run of this version. Most prices are starting to rise due to the 2017 version sporting a 6 cylinder ecoboost motor instead of a V8 and six months from now the prices could be higher or way lower? I can tell you that the 2012 and below had a way better radio and the way it functioned was way better. The 2014 version has better brakes and more frame reinforcements, and the off road mode tune is way better.

is what you said about the '14 true for the '13 as well? sorry to hijack your thread OP

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
is what you said about the '14 true for the '13 as well? sorry to hijack your thread OP

Yes.

That price range will land you in a 10-12 with roughly 30-50,000 miles. Just a general approximation.

Just a heads up, the prices are still going up. Paid 51 for my 13 in Jan 13 and it's currently worth 57.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
more frame reinforcements >> started in 2013.

And where did you get the better brakes info from?

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion, I would stay with 2013 or 2014. Better touch screen, HID projectors up front, stronger frame (aforementioned) and a few others. Again, just my opinion. I totally understand the wallet has ultimate control!