Advice please from DC area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeHem510

Reaction score
I am in the process of getting a 2012 SCREW Silver Raptor from carmax....yes i know some people love them some people hate them!! But i have purchased 4 vehicles from there and very happy. I was wondering if im getting a decent deal 2012 with 20196 miles for 48998 of course before taxes and what not. I tried to get my local dealer to budge when the new ones were out but they werent. They wanted 60+. Forgot to mention fully loaded with navi front/rear cameras everything

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am in the process of getting a 2012 SCREW Silver Raptor from carmax....yes i know some people love them some people hate them!! But i have purchased 4 vehicles from there and very happy. I was wondering if im getting a decent deal 2012 with 20196 miles for 48998 of course before taxes and what not. I tried to get my local dealer to budge when the new ones were out but they werent. They wanted 60+. Forgot to mention fully loaded with navi front/rear cameras everything

Mike that is on par with mileage and year. You may be able to find better, but each day the supply of new and used dwindles.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Your going to pay premium at carmax. I wouldnt do it personally. I got my brand new 14 screw w/lux pkg for 49k. But i know thats not really an option any more with supply and demand ruling the market.

A good used 12 should be somewhere in the low 40s

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For another 10k get a new 14 Screw. A bank will give you a lower rate and a longer term. In the end the newer/higher priced truck will cost you less. I know its easier said than done sometimes but if you can make the stretch I think you would be better off. And you never know how hard those 20k miles were earned. If you can find a good deal on the forum that has a pretty well documented history I'd go that route. $48998 after taxes, tags, and title will be closer to $53 Now you're only $5k from new! Just my .02

D

Deleted member 12951

^^
But new is going to have "higher" taxes, tags and title too. Will still make you the $10k spread. But I do agree if you are going to spend $50k, buy new as long as they don't charge over MSRP.