Whine/whistle 1800-2200 RPM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a fairly noticeable noise from ~1800-2200 RPM under light throttle. I can't replicate in neutral or park and it only occurs under load. It sounds like it's coming from the driver front area but cannot pinpoint it. Audible with windows up or down. Noise is comparable to a whistle or turbo that is spooling from inside the car.

Any thoughts?

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have an intake or throttle body spacer? i know i got whistle especially from the throttle body spacer. I have since gotten rid of the throttle body spacer but my K&N intake still whistles

OP
OP
TheDude

TheDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have an intake or throttle body spacer? i know i got whistle especially from the throttle body spacer. I have since gotten rid of the throttle body spacer but my K&N intake still whistles

Nope, stock intake and no spacer.

Marcsc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always had a little whistle with stock setup. Added an AFE stage 2 intake, dramatically increased that sound....love it hahaha

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I know the sound you're describing and have it also. Cannot locate it. Driver side. Very faint comes and goes. I've had it since the truck was new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TheDude

TheDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not coming from the speakers. I'll try to get an audio clip later today.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
It almost sounds like something with the belt, or a pulley, but it's not. Not the AC either.