Ticking humming noise in transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CamoTyme44

Reaction score
I have a weird ticking/humming noise coming from under my 2010 raptor ford dealership said they think its a cracked flexplate and that it is common in raptors. Anyone else had this problem before i take it to dealership to have my tranny dropped out.

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It the trans shop we have changed a couple flex plates in 6R80 trucks, never had a raptor in tho. Also have seen a torque converter bolt back out and make a cool tick/rattle noise

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Also I have nothing against dealer's. I'm working at one now. But if you have a reputable tranny shop closer to you. Might be worth it to have them check it out. It's the only thing they do every day so they may have more experience on the subject, and the labor rate might be less the then the dealer. Unless the trucks on warrenty , then let ford eat it

OP
OP
C

CamoTyme44

Reaction score
Well I got second opinion my flywheel was not cracked but Harrisonburg ford was ready to charge me for one. I had a family membr fix it that works on cars for a living he said all it was one of the screws backed out the torque convertor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I got second opinion my flywheel was not cracked but Harrisonburg ford was ready to charge me for one. I had a family membr fix it that works on cars for a living he said all it was one of the screws backed out the torque convertor
Wow, hopefully he used red Loctite on the bolts so this doesn't happen again.