Reverse lights not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I looked on google and all I could find was an older f150 and it has the reverse switch on the passenger side of the transmission, there's a wiring harness for it there and most said that they take the switch off and clean it as the contacts get gummed up! Maybe ask a tranny shop?

OP
OP
Prybar

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I found the same thing a few days ago when I first discovered the issue. I looked under the truck and the reverse switch isn't in the same spot as the older trucks. There is wiring harness that goes up and over from both sides of the tranny that appears to have the wiring from the two O2 sensors and who knows what else in it. It's so tight to the body that I couldn't get to the top even if thats where the switch is unless the hole in the tranny hump is big enough.

OP
OP
Prybar

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to update this thread:

I ended up taking the truck to the dealer for service for other issues which I hate doing. I had them look into the reverse light issues at the same time. As it turns out, the computer detected "non factory wiring" in the reverse light circuit and it shut down that circuit. Fixing it was just a matter of re-setting the computer. Of course, without the Ford computer I never would have found this and could have beat my head against the wall even more. I assume my non-factory tail light bulbs are what caused the issue which I had swapped back to factory before bringing it to the dealer. Hope this might be helpful for someone.