AC 120V Power point not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have never used the 120V power point on my 22 until yesterday so my wife could run her laptop but none of the outlets work. Dash/Back seat/ bedside all have no juice, I also checked all the fuses and settings and not sure what to check next. I looked at my window sticker and it said 12V power point but nothing about the 120v 400w. Any help would be appreciated.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is your pro-power enabled? scroll though the screens on your sync truck settings and there should be a graphic that said 400W and it should be green. If not, turn it on.

OP
OP
10SpdsOfFury

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t have the pro power just the regular peasant inverter under the back seat. I looked high and low in the settings and found nothing to do with power. The outlet worked perfect in my 2019 Raptor

john_dexter1

Reaction score
@FordTechOne any advice on what to look at or just take it to the dealer?
Maybe even a call to the dealer before a visit and tell you over phone? Also, how old laptop? Did you try to plug in a bank and charge a phone from the outlet? Or charge something similar that you know takes less power? I'm thinking it's the laptop/charger

OP
OP
10SpdsOfFury

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a newer laptop. I tried a bunch of different cell phone chargers etc and there is nothing. No green light or yellow etc.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also, somethings wont work based on voltage. Example is my wife's stuff. Here Dyson airwave (110) won't work but her Dyson flatiron (110) will. Her laptop (levano) and my Mac will too. Do you see an amber light on the plug in the truck? If there is no light, then there is no power.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
According to the advertising material, that receptacle is good for only 400 watts. AT 120 volts, that would be 3⅓ amperes. There are a lot of things you might want to plug into that, that would need more. I wonder if you've tried to plug in something that draws more than that, and triggered whatever overcurrent device (fuse or circuit breaker) is in place to protect it.