Radio/Nav Steering Wheel Controls - Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am at the dealer now, and they are once again trying to get the steering wheel controls working. I am hoping they will just order the part and I can move on...

Something is not right and it is not software so must be hardware

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Tech said he could not find anything wrong with the steering wheel controls and sent me on my way...

Well two miles down the road it is acting up again...I increase the volume and the media changes, I change channel and the media changes... basically it does what the **** it wants...

Take the truck back...the mechanics gets in and I show him what is going on...he agrees it is ****** up...

We turn the wheel left and right and then it works for a minute but goes back to ******** up...so we turn the wheel and it seems to work for a bit

The mechanic thinks it is in the steering column and is going to order a "clock ring or clock screw" or something like that...all i could think of was "**** ring"... but that ain't it is it?

Does all this make sense?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it does... Called a clock spring, allows the current for the steering wheel to be transferred with no interference

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it does... Called a clock spring, allows the current for the steering wheel to be transferred with no interference

Hockster,

So i guess this could cause the problem with the steering wheel controls not working correctly?

If so, that would be an easier fix than replacing Sync's control module...

Thanks,

Fred

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hockster,

So i guess this could cause the problem with the steering wheel controls not working correctly?

If so, that would be an easier fix than replacing Sync's control module...

Thanks,

Fred

Yep sure can cause weird things to happen... Seem some funny things go with them...
module is plug and play... wheel spring is more complicated for sure

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I hope that fixes the wheel control issues...

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gotta love that data crap......

I was so close to telling the dealer today this is hoarse shit...I have been there three freaking times for over 5 hours, and now they think they got it figured out...if the tech had not sat in the truck we would still be pissing in the wind...

I guess I will get a call a month from now that the part is in...if I am lucky

We will see if this is the fix or not...