Radio/Nav Steering Wheel Controls - Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Greg

Might go ahead and run a second USB connection to the console while I am in there.

Great directions. Thanks

-Fred

Fingers crossed

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even better. good find. i did two 2010 raptors back when they first came out but i had to pull the radio because we were replacing it, so i didnt really bother with looking around at the center speaker to get behind the radio

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. I followed Greg's instructions, great by the way, unplugged the easiest thing i could get my hands on. (See attached picture).

Is this the right plug or do I need to dig deeper in the ****** of the dash?

I am going to plug it back in now and see what happens!

Attachments

• photo[1].jpg
    photo[1].jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IT WORKED!

Wow, It took 10 minutes and the dealer spent over two hours. I pulled fuses, disconnected the battery for 20 minutes.

I will cycle several times and check everything to make sure that was it!

Nosbusa & Greg you earned your pay today. Thanks so much.

I love this forum!:waytogo::waytogo:

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's good to hear that you got it fixed, but you need to work on your math skills.

"It took 10 minutes and the dealer spent over two hours. I pulled fuses, disconnected the battery for 20 minutes".

Come on, either it took "10' or '20' minutes? But you are right the folks on this forum are very helpful ;)

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's good to hear that you got it fixed, but you need to work on your math skills.

"It took 10 minutes and the dealer spent over two hours. I pulled fuses, disconnected the battery for 20 minutes".

Come on, either it took "10' or '20' minutes? But you are right the folks on this forum are very helpful ;)

Was just excited it was working!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its good to hear that the reset worked. we get issues like that all the time at my work, so that was the first thing that popped into my head. we gotta give greg props for finding the easy access way. otherwise it was going to be my remove everything way

UniqueOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is Microsoft thing. It requires a reboot.

One thing I have not seen it is the blue screen of death. However, my NAV freeze up when I jumped a little bit hard. Then I turned off and turned it back on, it worked.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is Microsoft thing. It requires a reboot.

One thing I have not seen it is the blue screen of death. However, my NAV freeze up when I jumped a little bit hard. Then I turned off and turned it back on, it worked.

Same here, usually have a "loss communication with bcm" code after jumps...

-Greg

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IT WORKED!

Wow, It took 10 minutes and the dealer spent over two hours. I pulled fuses, disconnected the battery for 20 minutes.

I will cycle several times and check everything to make sure that was it!

Nosbusa & Greg you earned your pay today. Thanks so much.

I love this forum!:waytogo::waytogo:

Curious to see if this was a long term fix or not. I had this exact same problem on my old 09 F150. I replaced the volume controls on the wheel to no avail.