A/C fan not operating on first setting but does on the next 3 settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I have my a/c on and it is set to the lowest setting, the fan only blows air when the vehicle is moving. Once at a stop it stops blowing. If I move it to the next strongest setting or higher it works fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,

C

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I have my a/c on and it is set to the lowest setting, the fan only blows air when the vehicle is moving. Once at a stop it stops blowing. If I move it to the next strongest setting or higher it works fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,

C

Welcome to the forum, coachhomer! It sounds like there's a trip to the dealership in your future. What's your Raptor's model year/mileage? I'll see what I can do to assist as well.

Crystal

OP
OP
C

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I have a 2012 with 42k on it.

Is it something I can replace myself?

thanks!

C

mrud1998

Reaction score
AC Blower

I had the same problem. Brought to my local Ford dealer. They replaced the module behind the center console for the AC Heat. Unit is now working great.

Reaction score
Fan controller and motor issues

On my 2011 Raptor SCREW, I was having problems with the Heating/AC blower motor as it was stuck on HI speed for well over a year, but as long as HEAT and AC worked, I was not overly concerned about the fan speed. I finally brought it in for repair when I was nearing the end of the 100K warranty, which was about 6 months ago and it was a covered repair. They said they replaced the blower controller board.

Now I am at 105K miles and have a related issue, the blower fan has began to act intermittent and does not respond to the manual controls nor does it operate properly in AUTO. The dealer is saying the original problem was the blower controller, but now the problem is that the blower motor is fried and the service writer says these are isolated and non-related issues. I am calling total bull $hit on this response. I am an electrical engineer by degree and I have worked on motors and motor controllers for most of my career and I well know that a problem with a motor or with the controller can cause damage to the corresponding component.

I was unable to get anywhere with the service writer, the dealership GM isn't (hasn't?) returned my call and on the forum, I noticed that Crystal does not seem to be around anymore, so it looks like I am about to be screwed for $360 bucks to repair a blower motor that should still be covered along with the replaced controller.