Blown 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRUCE1

Reaction score
bought a new 2013 Raptor Ford installed the stage 2 supercharger blowed the first engine at 9500 miles, ford put a new short block in, 11200 miles it blowed again just happen to be #7 cyl. both times but this time ford refuse to repair it because they say the computer has some odd codes. Anybody else?

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a question somewhere in there?

First engine grenaded at 9500 miles. Anymore info? Was it tuning?

Now, another engine has grenaded.

Do you want another engine on Ford's dime?

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why would Ford replace a motor blown up by a supercharger? I must have missed that memo...

OP
OP
B

BRUCE1

Reaction score
yes Kap. the question was "anybody else" Ford installed the supercharger with warranty, no tuning and I don't need fords dime just need ford to MAN-UP and do the right thing..............

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes Kap. the question was "anybody else" Ford installed the supercharger with warranty, no tuning and I don't need fords dime just need ford to MAN-UP and do the right thing..............

Good more info.

So, it was a Ford sanctioned install using parts authorized by Ford?

I would think some type of tuning was done. Or at least a base flash.

If you didn't add anything e.g. increase boost etc and it was Ford installed I don't see why they would be denying your claim.

There are always two sides to every story so what are they telling you the reason for denying your claim?

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Motor Company has no warranty for a supercharged Raptor!
The powertrain part of your OEM warranty gets voided and the Roush supplemental drivetrain warranty covers any drivetrain issues.

Go to Roush's website and and get the warranty disclaimer and read through it.
I believe it's good for only one time up to $8,000 or $10,000

I can only assume you were denied the second claim due to warranty restrictions and/or abuse if you blew it in less than 3,000 miles.

Also you do know that the PCM has a flash counter and they can tell if you used a third party Tune to remove the 100 mph limiter.

Last edited: