Bed alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I recently noticed my bed doesnt appear to set level with the truck. It sets slightly higher on the passenger side than on the drivers side. I looked into it a little further and it is the same on the gap between the cab and the bed. The bed is closer on the pasenger side than on the drivers side. Is this normal?

Fermin

Reaction score
I have the same problem too, I was told it was normal and if the problem really bothers me I could remove the bolt on the bed and align it

Todd2

Reaction score
The gap between the bed and cab on one side is closer that the gap between the bed and cab on the other side on mine too. I should add, the gap top to bottom is identical on the right side. The gap top to bottom is identical on the left side. Just that the gap side to side is different. So no bent frame issues - it was like that from the factory. I'm not happy about it, but it won't easily be adjusted, judging from the plastic alignment pin fit-up under the bed - the bed is not moving further. That leaves moving the cab - and it doesn't bother me that much - but now that you bring it up.... :mad:

OP
OP
LFtrip

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at some old pictures and I don't see a difference in the gap. It appears like it happened after I had my truck Line-X'd. I wonder if they pushed it slightly when the took the bed bolts out. Guess I'll have to take the bolts out and see if it moves.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at some old pictures and I don't see a difference in the gap. It appears like it happened after I had my truck Line-X'd. I wonder if they pushed it slightly when the took the bed bolts out. Guess I'll have to take the bolts out and see if it moves.

They did the same thing to mine! Took it back that same day and they tried to say it was like that.. truck had less then 300 miles on her. So after an hour of me & them F'n with it.. it wasn't much better.

A buddy and I messed with it about a month later and it's pretty darn close to straight now.

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After getting new methods and tires, I can clearly tell my box is out of alignment. Needs to go to the right about a 1/4". Has anybody had this issue? So I try and correct it myself or go to the dealer? I have a BedRug installed and a BakFlip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1/4 of an inch? Leave it, not worth the hassle. What year is your raptor? Do you get a lot of road salt under your truck? Might break a bed bolt taking it off is what im getting at............

SilverBack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '13 and getting 2 of the bed bolts out was a pain in the ass I ended up having to heat the bolts up with a torch while my brother keep trying with the impact gun. But once there out it looked like there was about 1/4"-3/8" worth of play in the holes so I don't see why you couldn't re align it. Although I also could see it taking all day messing with it and in the end get nowhere so it depends on how much it really bothers you.

SilverBack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The heat should keep them from breaking, and let the move easier correct?

Yes the heat will melt any loctite that is on the bolts. Also you should try and just heat the nut because the heat will make it expand therefore making it easier to back off. Not too much heat a propane torch would work fine and if you can have someone work the bolt back and forth with the impact gun while your heating it.