Sand?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey whats the best way to get rid of sand from EVERYWHERE in under the truck and in the engine compartment? I went off roading in pismo beach this weekend and salt water is everywhere too im sure. I powerwashed my truck at one of those self wash stations right after but im sure there is still salt water and or sand in some places. How bad is it too leave this stuff on the truck?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i sprayed the whole bottom of my truck with amsoil to protect it from the sand and salt before i did any pismo trips. i also spend 4 wet hours washing my truck when i get back. i lay on my back under the truck and spray away for as long as it takes until i dont see any more sand coming from underneath the truck. i will post a pic of my driveway tomorrow..... i have a small beach here........

Banned
Reaction score
^ I do the same, but with mud instead of sand.

get down under there and dont be scared to get wet and dirty. half the fun is cleaning it all up and making a mess of yourself haha.

Banned
Reaction score
yep, just water is fine, if you really want you can get some soap they make for pressure washers.

most pressure washers ive seen have a hose that will mix the soap with water. But i wouldnt worry about that for spraying underneath and everything.

and yes, a pressure washer will make things a million times easier.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i tried that a few times. but i kept forgetting about it. so the next day i had a clean spot under my car..... the rest was still dirty

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what are you doing monday? lets meet up i take mondays off from the shop. i will most likely be in watsonville (at home) most of the day.