How long to keep dirty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigWurmHerm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, probably, but, just curious. How long do you keep your raptor dirty? Buddies of mine say they hate seeing a clean raptor. Like "you're not using it right" and so on...So I was wondering what you guys and gals on here do.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stupid question, probably, but, just curious. How long do you keep your raptor dirty? Buddies of mine say they hate seeing a clean raptor. Like "you're not using it right" and so on...So I was wondering what you guys and gals on here do.

Anyone who has the mentality that a dirty vehicle is a good vehicle is completely idiotic. Leaving dirt, rocks, and all the other road contaminates on your vehicle for an extended period of time "because its cooler" is pants on head retarded.

Just because its meant to get dirty because its a truck, Jeep, SUV, side by side, four wheeler, etc doesnt mean you should neglect it by letting dirt and other road contaminates ruin your paint and everything else on your vehicle.

Keep your vehicle as clean as possible and itll last a hell of a lot longer. Go mud bogging and do whatever you want, just clean it as soon as you can.

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going on 2 weeks because it's been pouring it's ass off in the Houston area

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I clean mine all the time. Even if it's going to rain tomorrow, I'll clean it today. Rain doesn't make it dirty, dirt does......

Cleaning also gives you an opportunity to do a close inspection of everything. Not on my Raptor, but we were washing one of our trucks and actually found a broke front wheel one time. That possible saved at least a big repair bill or at the most, a life.....

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, the Raptor is meant to get dirty, but I would say it looks best when clean.

You should clean it regularly using quality products and good technique, to prevent damage. And since it is so much fun to get it dirty, it is very helpful to have a layer of protection on the paint and other exterior surfaces to protect from damage and also to make cleaning easier and faster.

Paint Sealant is a great option for the paint, and lasts about 6 months with proper washing. Some VRT will protect trim and vinyl. To protect everything on the exterior (other than tires), the H2O Guard & Gloss is a great option, and lasts 1-2 months.

-Dan

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wash mine after EVERY offroad use and even though it's been pouring in Texas we have a two day break in weather so I'll wash the road grime off before the next rain.