GEN 2 path through the firewall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
A lot of us have connected to the 10 gauge power inverter wire behind the seats, however, this cuts when the auto start/stop engages.

I want to complete my sub install by (finally) making a home run to the battery from my amp behind the rear seat. I spied a large rubber plug with a harness going through under the driver’s side, but wasn’t able to coax a wire through.

Anyone have a suggestion on getting a decent amp power wire from cab into the engine compartment?

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the grommet is double layered, and you have to stay to the edge so you dont cut the harness, but that drivers side grommet is the way through to the front. Cut it inside and out and fish it through.

Mpkilkenny

Reaction score
Cut off

May just save you some time. I completed the 10 gauge run to the battery. I snugged it up between the grommet and the firewall for the time being. So I know I have all the power the amp needs. However, when auto start/stop engages at a light the factory sony amp must kill or mostly kill the signal to the amp as I still experience this bass drain. It probably does it to conserve the battery.....just thought i would let you know to save you the trouble if that is all you are after.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
well... that’s disheartening. So, unless I pull the sony amp, I’m losing my ‘enhanced’ bass from the sub no matter what?

Unless I trace the power that’s cut to the amp when the engine cuts...
That’s a bummer.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disable Start/Stop. Problem solved.
Forscan code: BCM 726-48-02 x0xx xxxx xx
This is the code used by Ford when they add the Kicker sub package.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
<heresy> I have kind of gotten used to start / stop and it does help save fuel. I’m already personally responsible for funding oil tycoon’s personal AMG Merc’s, I’m not trying to step them up to a Ferrari on my dime </heresy>

Mpkilkenny

Reaction score
My best guess the head unit or the sony amp lessen the signal sent to the sub. Therefore the signal going into the amp is less while the engine is off, and drawing less power while the alternator isn't spinning. May not be a way around it without disabling auto start stop......