Integrated Off road GPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jsrick80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Naviks (Not the friendliest of folks.) Approximately 450 dollars worth of tech, and you have to remove your OEM screen to plug in the video jack. Once plugged in, you can replace your screen and use Apple mirroring. Obviously this won't be touch screen, you would still have to touch your phone for controls.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I called Naviks (Not the friendliest of folks.) Approximately 450 dollars worth of tech, and you have to remove your OEM screen to plug in the video jack. Once plugged in, you can replace your screen and use Apple mirroring. Obviously this won't be touch screen, you would still have to touch your phone for controls.

Thanks for doing the legwork. Im going to rule that one out. Im still torn between the Lowrance and the LeadNav. I want to add GPS but not detract fron any of the vehicles stock functions.

Ive seen a Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 3 for as low as $599 shipped. Like the hard mount up on the dash and the reliability of it too.

Ive used LeadNav as well and like the interface better but Im using my phone and thats not cutting it. Maybe an ipad mini with a Ram mount off to the side?

Thinking out loud...

OP
OP
J

jsrick80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the MOB Armor magnetic mount. I mounted it directly on the flip cover of the cig/110 cover. So far its working great. I have hit many whoops in the last few trips out and it stayed strong.

Im currently using either motion X Gps, or pre downloaded google maps. I know when I start doing areas I am unfamiliar with I need to up my software game. I may eventually go with Mob Armor GPS or lead Nav.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with the MOB Armor magnetic mount. I mounted it directly on the flip cover of the cig/110 cover. So far its working great. I have hit many whoops in the last few trips out and it stayed strong.

Im currently using either motion X Gps, or pre downloaded google maps. I know when I start doing areas I am unfamiliar with I need to up my software game. I may eventually go with Mob Armor GPS or lead Nav.

MOB Armor mag to an Ipad mini or your phone?

OP
OP
J

jsrick80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't clarify, I'm just using my phone. It is adequate for what I'm currently doing; which is slowing down every once in a while to take a peek and make sure I'm not headed the wrong direction.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
i ordered the builtright mount . I got it yesterday.

Just waiting for my order to show up from Mob Armor on Weds so I can install everything.

I'm going with my iPad mini running Mob armor GPS w/ a xGPS160 . I'll probably also give leadnav a try.

I've been happy with the mob armor mounts that I am using for my phone and my nguage, so I'm going to give thier ipad mount a go too.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lowrance, Naviks, and Leadnav....

Im up in the air between Lowrance, Naviks, and Leadnav....Ill get something eventually. Im using Leadnav off my phone to get me by for now.

Well your ahead of me on this so keep me up to date because I will probability do the same.