Ford pass app

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

This app has been working well so far, theres a new update for it that allows you to look up addresses and send them directly to your car nav. I cant figure out how to do this part, anyone else?

OP
OP
F

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me neither, but it was on the app update description on the app store

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was going to start working on an Alexa app to remote start the truck, so I could start it while I was in the shower :). I can't find on the website where to start the truck. I have it in the app on my phone, and it would be a lot harder to integrate into the phone app because it is not open source and there is no API for it (might be impossible). Is this on the website and I just haven't seen it?

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I activated Ford Pass app for about 5 minutes...just to make my dealer happy. (They apparently get some incentive when customers activate). Then immediately did a full system restore to delete it. I think the privacy and potential security issues are ridiculous.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I activated Ford Pass app for about 5 minutes...just to make my dealer happy. (They apparently get some incentive when customers activate). Then immediately did a full system restore to delete it. I think the privacy and potential security issues are ridiculous.

I had the same concerns and voiced them in another thread. But I did not delete the app. And the other day I accidentally stuck my arm through my open window not realizing the truck was locked and the alarm went off. Within about 5 seconds I Got a notification on the app that my alarm had gone off.

I think seeing this in action makes it worth having the app. I was actually impressed with how quick it notified me. Kind of cool. Certainly happened fast enough to allow me to draw down on someone:biggrin:

Besides that, we live in a day and age where everybody knows what we're doing anyway so if they're going to worry about some Yeehaw like me more power to them.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but as easily as you can remotely unlock and start your vehicle via the ‘net...someone will soon be doing it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk