Bluetooth Connection with Phone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorNewbie

Reaction score
I have noticed that with the last 2 Ford's that I have owned, when connected to Bluetooth I do not get audible tones when a text or other push notification comes in. It will ring through the truck speakers if a phone call comes through but texts and other sounds just appear on the screen with no sound. And yes, I have turned off the SILENT feature on the phone. Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
On the rare occasions when texts are pushed through, I get a chime and pop up on the main screen. Unfortunately about half the time the phone connects but not for sms. Workaround - phone screen; text messages; retry

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, mine never works unless plugged in, it is annoying AF. Hoping Sync 3 v3.x will solve, but Ford hasn't released it for 2018's yet.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Ya, mine never works unless plugged in, it is annoying AF. Hoping Sync 3 v3.x will solve, but Ford hasn't released it for 2018's yet.

The ‘has anyone upgraded to sync3 v3.0 yet’ thread has multiple links for the sync download to 3.0 vxxxxx via USB. There’s not much in the way of noticeable differences, different on screen look, and allegedly some enhancements, not sure about bug fixes.

I’ve got 3.0, and can’t say there are any new problems, existing issues that are worse (than 2.2 where I was before).

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ‘has anyone upgraded to sync3 v3.0 yet’ thread has multiple links for the sync download to 3.0 vxxxxx via USB. There’s not much in the way of noticeable differences, different on screen look, and allegedly some enhancements, not sure about bug fixes.

I’ve got 3.0, and can’t say there are any new problems, existing issues that are worse (than 2.2 where I was before).

Do text messages work on 3.0? I was hoping Ford officially pushed out 3.x soon, I am trying not to start downloading software found on the internet to run my trucks hvac/radio/nav/etc. :)