Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]

AUX Switch Wires and Pass Through Wires

This is a discussion on AUX Switch Wires and Pass Through Wires within the Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Getting ready to wire up some HAM radio gear in a Gen 2 2017 F-150 Raptor. I finally found the ...

User Tag List

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2017, 02:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default AUX Switch Wires and Pass Through Wires
Getting ready to wire up some HAM radio gear in a Gen 2 2017 F-150 Raptor. I finally found the AUX switch wires under the hood and I was also able to locate the pass through wires that run back into the CAB. I have yet to find the other end of the Pass through wires - I was thinking they were behind the kick panel on the passenger size near the fuse block - I am still looking, it is really tight down there.

The Six AUX Switches inside the CAB

The Six Pass Through Wires Under The Hood

Wide View Of Where The Pass Through and AUX Switch Wires Are Located Under The Hood

Pass Through And AUX Switch Wires Under The Hood

Details of the 6 AUX Switch Wires

Short Video Of The AUX Wires
https://youtu.be/2nHx7lsF0gA

What I need to locate now are the other ends of the pass through in the CAB - I can't see/find them near the fuse block under the passenger kick panel - anybody have some pointers? (more photos here in the gallery)

Last edited by MaxMartini; 06-14-2017 at 10:27 AM.
MaxMartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

I wish I could help, but youíre ahead of me. The --alleged-- pass through wires in the engine compartment arenít readily findable in my truck.

Good luck.
smurfslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by smurfslayer View Post
I wish I could help, but youíre ahead of me. The --alleged-- pass through wires in the engine compartment arenít readily findable in my truck.

Good luck.
Took me a while to find them as well - they were tapped up and folded over in the bottom bundle - take a look at the quick video I did you may look in that area to find them. I can't find the the other end inside the CAB - heavy sigh - I may have to remove the whole passenger side panels to locate them. I am also looking for a hole or grommet to run some coax in from either front or back - I did find two plugs under each side up front but nothing in the rear. The entire thing seems to be riveted and glued together - not much to rust on the body that is for sure.....

Old 06-12-2017, 01:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Are you sure the bundle closest to the power distribution box is the passthrough? The manual states otherwise, and the lights I just wired in are to the wires closests to the box.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm Batman

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Originally Posted by MaxMartini View Post
Getting ready to wire up some HAM radio gear in a Gen 2 2017 F-150 Raptor. I finally found the AUX switch wires under the hood and I was also able to locate the pass through wires that run back into the CAB. I have yet to find the other end of the Pass through wires - I was thinking they were behind the kick panel on the passenger size near the fuse block - I am still looking, it is really tight down there.

The Six AUX Switches inside the CAB

The Six AUX Switch Wires Under The Hood

Wide View Of Where The Six AUX Switch Wires Under The Hood

Pass Through And AUX Switch Wires Under The Hood

Details of the 6 AUX Switch Wires

Short Video Of The AUX Wires
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ca2-b3ooj8

What I need to locate now are the other ends of the pass through in the CAB - I can't see/find them near the fuse block under the passenger kick panel - anybody have some pointers? (more photos here in the gallery)

You've got that backwards. The live aux switch wires are on the passenger's side of the bulkhead and the pass through wires are on the driver's side of the bulkhead.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Crashking View Post
Are you sure the bundle closest to the power distribution box is the passthrough? The manual states otherwise, and the lights I just wired in are to the wires closests to the box.
He has it labeled backwards.
SOAKINRED and hkguns like this.

2017 Ruby Red SCREW 802A-Ordered 8/3, Built 10/14, Released from Factory 12/12, Accepted by Shipping Company 12/27, Delivered 1/19
crash457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by crash457 View Post
You've got that backwards. The live aux switch wires are on the passenger's side of the bulkhead and the pass through wires are on the driver's side of the bulkhead.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

He has it labeled backwards.
I can fix that if that is the case - I'll be the first to say I have not hooked anything
to the switches since I can't find the other end in the CAB (yet). In the Supplement manual on page 44 is where I was getting the info - in my original drawing I guess the bundle near the fuse-box are the "hot" - I'll validate this with a meter and update the photos and video.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by MaxMartini View Post
I can fix that if that is the case - I'll be the first to say I have not hooked anything
to the switches since I can't find the other end in the CAB (yet). In the Supplement manual on page 44 is where I was getting the info - in my original drawing I guess the bundle near the fuse-box are the "hot" - I'll validate this with a meter and update the photos and video.
The supplement is a little confusing with the pictures... but the wires closest to the passenger fender are the switch wires and not the dead pass through wires. If you haven't found it by tomorrow I'll take a look at my truck after work and see if I can find the bundle and snap a picture for ya

Old 06-12-2017, 11:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

For the in cab wires, check right at floor level under the passenger side fuse box. Everything I read said they were up by the glove box, but after digging around for more than two hours, I found mine right at the bottom beneath the fuse box.

...and the wires closest to the passenger fender under the hood are the switched hot...the other set further away are the pass through.
SOAKINRED likes this.

Last edited by 1DXmk2; 06-12-2017 at 11:36 PM.
1DXmk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Thanks everybody - I have updated my original post to reflect the CORRECT sets of wires. Wire bundle closets to passenger fender are the AUX Switches HOT.

Going to go dig UNDER the passenger fusebox for the pass through bundle in the CAB..... Details to follow.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

The new 2017 upfitters have been changed compared to Gen 1.

As opposed to Gen 1, the Gen 2 has already been connected at the right side passenger panel.

What hasn't changed, is how crAZY tight it is in that panel under the dash!

The good news is that they've provided MORE slack and connected them for you which will avoid a lot of bloodshed! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GizmoVance is offline   Reply With Quote