60" LED Tailgate Light Bar Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased two of the opt 7 and neither worked maybe they figured it out and fixed issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shayne

Reaction score
Looks Great!

Can you please PM me or post the model number for the version you have and whether you purchased the additional 4 pin harness. I was looking on a third party vendor website and a number of the reviews for Ford F-150s said that the system was NOT compatible with their late model trucks - caused the truck to think that a trailer was attached. That's clearly not the case with your install....

-- Putco 91009-60 Blade 60" LED Tailgate Light Bar
-- LEDGlow Flat 4 Pin Y-Splitter Adapter Trailer Harness

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Shayne we've sold a few of the Putcos, available here:

LED Tailgate Bars - Putco - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

I'd also grab the harness however I strongly recommend hard wiring it as if you use your tow harness to power lightbars your truck MAY disable the rear view camera (as it thinks a trailer is hooked up)

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the Putco looks damn nice...

https://www.cjponyparts.com/putco-switchblade-led-tailgate-light-bar-60-f-150-2009-2018/p/TLL66/

tll66_2.2330.jpg

OP
OP
KryptosXLayer2

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh, fine, if I have to suffer though having amber turn signals in order to get a useful bar...... :biggrin:

I don't think I want to wire in the parking light though. This can be done, right? I can just hard wire everything except the parking light wire from the harness? I have the FORScan change for parking lights as daytime running lights, so this bar would always be on and it isn't ever necessary for it to be.

What's the reasoning behind hard wiring vs. using the socket? Is there some way the truck can tell there is something plugged into the socket, and therefore thinking it is a trailer, and then stop using the tailgate camera when reversing?

EDIT!!! Check this link out, never saw this video in all my searching. It is from Putco directly, and check out one of the comments:

https://youtu.be/J1HNQY6384I
Bo Daggart
2 weeks ago

I'd get one if the turn signals were red. I Don't want yellow

Putco Orders

2 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback, we are considering a version with a Red turn signal. Please stay tuned to our website or our youtube channel.

I added a comment below it to tell them how much I wanted a red turn signal option as well, and if they made it sequential as well, I would pay extra for it! They INSTANTLY replied:

Putco Orders
9 seconds ago
Please stay tuned... we like to surprise our picky customers ;)

Last edited: