Pos mx4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ranger22

Reaction score
I have had two of these things. I should have known better since my first BakFlip leaked, but this new and improved MX4 leaks too. Wtf?!? What's the point of a tonneau cover if it's going to leak? POS BakFlip, I'm done with this junk. Do the Retrax leak? Is there any hope for a low profile cover that doesn't leak?

D

Deleted member 12951

Getting a full size single piece hard tonneau cover is the only way to ensure no leaks with a tailgate seal.

Retrax is better but most covers do leak, just some more than others.

I have a Truxedo LoPro and it leaks in the two corners and by the tailgate (I don’t have a seal) but I’ve never had a cover that didn’t leak some (have had multiple brands) and just deal with it. We would put our suitcases in plastic bags as our solution for the family when on vacations.

Sometimes just come up with solutions than whining about things, life will be easier to deal with.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Retrax MX Pro hasn't leaked one drop yet... we haven't had rain since I've put it on but I've power washed the truck trying to get it to leak, bone dry. I think half the battle is a proper install too.

Dirkdiggler79

Reaction score
I have the retax pro (the metal one), I haven't noticed any water in mine. Have had it since 14. It's been in snow and good ol Texas thunderstorms. The only thing I did was the weather stripping stated coming out so I cut it back then used black caulking to seal the edges up.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My MX4 hasn't leaked a drop and we had 5 inches of rain last week. Are you sure it is installed correctly and the drain hoses are in place to drain water out of the rails?

OP
OP
ranger22

ranger22

Reaction score
It's installed correctly. Leaks occur in the middle of the folding areas; just like the last one I had.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I have the Bakflip F1 and rode through some hellacious rain storms and it hasn’t leaked any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's installed correctly. Leaks occur in the middle of the folding areas; just like the last one I had.

That is really odd, mine has not leaked, nor did my Bakflip Rollx or Bakflip F1 across all 3 Raptors. Are you buying directly from BAK?

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My F1 leaked along the fold joints after about 4 years. I went with the Revolver X2 this time because it has a seemless vinyl top.