GEN 2 A lot of rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ewm98

Reaction score

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone sprayed their bare metal rotating parts with POR15 or Amsoil MPHD?

Yes. On Chris Kelley's recommendation.

I wish I had done it when I first got the truck, but I waited a year and so I had to spend 7 hours attempting to remove 70% of the texas clay from my undercarriage. POR15 took about 30 minutes to apply (with my dad helping) and then MPHD took me about 3 hours total, including masking/tarping everything and ensuring good coverage.

I will say this - my tcase real seal recently started leaking, and is currently getting replaced. I don't think I got any POR15 on it, but I do wonder, if I did, if that's what caused the seal failure.

Dakotablues

Reaction score
Just bought a 2018 that was assembled in January and it looks just like that underneath. Was going to hit it with POR-15 just for ha ha's - but I did call the dealership and told them it was Bush that Ford (and others) don't make any attempt on these parts. The service manager had a good laugh with me, and not even sure it's true, but he claims that Ford does spray these parts on any vehicles they ship out of this country. Pretty much cosmetic, but he hears it all the time from Raptor and Mustang owners. He's ordering something that they use to spray it down and will take my truck for a day and do it he said. I guess that saves me crawling under there and wearing POR for a week. Pretty ****** of Ford on these more expensive vehicles - newbie like myself wants to get a nice pic of those pretty Fox shocks and BOOM - rust everywhere down there! LOL

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone sprayed their bare metal rotating parts with POR15 or Amsoil MPHD?

I bought a gallon of WD40 and spray the bottom every 6 months. A year later and it looks brand new. Stops like shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought a gallon of WD40 and spray the bottom every 6 months. A year later and it looks brand new. Stops like shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

water displacement spray try number 40 is your rust prevention?
lol ok.

i think its odd they dont do something to at least hit them with a base rust prevention so its black and not amber rust.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn't look anything like that and I live in a state that uses Salt on the roads, in the water, in their chicken wings, in the air. We are constantly bathing in freaking salt.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If my truck doesn't have rust somewhere under it, I am not using it as I should. Mine had less than 100 miles on it when i sprayed the under carriage with a rust preventer but in the northeast and so much time on the beach, it's a losing proposition.

Eat well, sleep well, drive hard.