.5" Wheel Spacers - Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking at a Wheel with an offset of 7mm and want the wheels to stick out a little more... Are .5" Wheel Spacers ok to run on a truck like the Raptor? Never been a fan of the idea of a wheel spacer.

Last edited:

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at a Wheel with an offset of 7mm and want the wheels to stick out a little more... Are .5" Wheel Spacers ok to run on a truck like the Raptor? Never been a fan of the idea of a wheel spacer.

I bought a set to use with the factory deadlocks to bring them out a bit. The manufacturer of the rings said that as long as toy have 6 to 8 full rotations of the lug on the stud, you should be good. I haven't tried them yet, but may put them on this weekend. Will let you know if I get the full 6-8 turns.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

These are the ones I picked up...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KY7UQQG/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please let me know... I hope to avoid them but it's an option if I don't get the stance I want with a 7mm offset.

D

Deleted member 12951

Rule of thumb, spacers have never been a good idea on an off-truck and most avoid them. If you are only keeping it on the street you will probably be just fine. I know a few guys here that have run them (and they off-road) but they aren't jumping their trucks.

I would stick with spacers that keep hub centric and have wheels that are hubcentric too, not lug centric if you really plan on going off-road and being harsh.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had 1/4" non hub centric spacers on my rear axle for over a year with no issues and I put my truck through a fair amount of offroad use.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 1.25" spacers (spidertrax) on my current Toyota, so I can tell you that 0.5" spacers won't do anything noticeable. Even 1.25" is just about noticeable.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I run 1.25" spacers (spidertrax) on my current Toyota, so I can tell you that 0.5" spacers won't do anything noticeable. Even 1.25" is just about noticeable.

This guy is right. 1/2" will be barely noticeable but enough to make the OE wheel no long hub centric. Not worth it in my opinion. If you decide on an adapter, go with Motorsport Technologies (AKA BORA) steel adapters for strength.

Take a look at the +25's in this thread. It's roughly a .4" difference. Compare it to how your stock wheels look and if it seems worth it, go for it.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f264/how-far-will-my-wheels-stick-out-thread-52642/

CJT123

Reaction score
I bought a set to use with the factory deadlocks to bring them out a bit. The manufacturer of the rings said that as long as toy have 6 to 8 full rotations of the lug on the stud, you should be good. I haven't tried them yet, but may put them on this weekend. Will let you know if I get the full 6-8 turns.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

These are the ones I picked up...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KY7UQQG/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

I have a set of 1 1/2" spacers awaiting for the arrival of my Gen2, I think they will poke the beadlocks out just where I want them, can't wait

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of 1 1/2" spacers awaiting for the arrival of my Gen2, I think they will poke the beadlocks out just where I want them, can't wait

These don't seem to have a lip on them to hold the hub centered. I wouldn't use these.

This is the "right" way to make spacers:

main.php?g2_view=core.jpg