GEN 2 Seat cooling question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Odd...

Mine works fine on the seat *AND* the back. Use it more often than not.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
thanks for that link, I’m interested to hear your results.

It’s been high 80’s - mid 90’s recently so I’ve been using the A/C, but not like the AZ crew. I can feel the seat back cooling through a t-shirt, it’s not forceful, but it’s there.

Twisted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My seats dont seem to cool at all, only complaint with truck so far. I need to figure this out too

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys need to let your ford dealer know of the issue also. This issue should have been fixed already from ford. The issue has been around since 2015. I want ford to fix this issue, I don't even have these seats. This is just basic stuff. Other manufactures have cooled bottom and back seats, they need to fixed this.

Twisted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke to the service manager he confirmed seats bottoms and backs should both cool by looking up my vin number. I have it schedlued for service next week.
Just curious for you guys that say its working good, How long does it take to feel noticeable cooling? Also has anyone figured out to get the seat coolers to turn on with auto start (key fob) or with Ford pass starting the truck from a distance?

HankTheTank

Reaction score
Spoke to the service manager he confirmed seats bottoms and backs should both cool by looking up my vin number. I have it schedlued for service next week.
Just curious for you guys that say its working good, How long does it take to feel noticeable cooling? Also has anyone figured out to get the seat coolers to turn on with auto start (key fob) or with Ford pass starting the truck from a distance?
In your center screen if you go into the truck settings and look under remote start there should be options there. I can't remember exactly what where/what but I have mine set up so they come on when remote starting (if it's hot out).