Heating/cooling seats issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Alar

Alar

Reaction score
You’ll want to get ForScan and pull DTCs from all modules including HVAC. There should be climate control seat related DTCs stored.
So sorry for lack of update, but got my new OBD reader today. And FORScan shows 0 HVAC module trouble codes. Fuses as much as I saw was ok. If i remember correctly it was an ittermittent issue before. I remember that I had the issue first a few months ago, then started working for a week or so and then started acting up again.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So sorry for lack of update, but got my new OBD reader today. And FORScan shows 0 HVAC module trouble codes. Fuses as much as I saw was ok. If i remember correctly it was an ittermittent issue before. I remember that I had the issue first a few months ago, then started working for a week or so and then started acting up again.
You’ll also want to self-test the Dual Climate Control Seat Module (DCSM); it’s separate from the HVAC module.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a problem with the HAVAC system in my Raptor where I had no control of the fans or other functions. Took it to the local ford dealership to see what was going on and the service writer told me nothing was found but when they buttoned it up after testing everything was working as it should so maybe the connector had lost connection. This was a few years ago and has not happened again. I will add that this happened during one of the coldest spells we had in a long time.

OP
OP
Alar

Alar

Reaction score
Didn't find a DCSM test, but found a way to graphically see seat heating status. Both were off even when sync showed 2 bars heating. So sync screen and heating control unit doesn't see each other.

OP
OP
Alar

Alar

Reaction score
Could it be a module issue, connection or wire issue? What should I check for? Any ideas or schematics would be appreciated.

OP
OP
Alar

Alar

Reaction score
Update. The plug that goes into seat module is bad. Technician saw that module wasnt online and when he opened the connection there were heat damage. Now waiting for a replacement plug. But he repaired the original plug as much so I have seat heating again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter