Other 800A Owners? My 800A+ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Talbor

Talbor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any update on this....did you get this completed?

I’m almost done with the 8” Sync 3 upgrade and have completed the instrument cluster upgrade. Sorry I’ve been so absent - new kid born and FRF was banned at work, so it’s difficult to post at night when babies and chores need tending to.

The 8” Sync 3 upgrade is a lot easier than I expected. I simply swapped out the screen, APIM, and dash panel and everything works except Apple CarPlay. No Forscan work, no wiring, just plug and play. I want Apple CarPlay, so I’ve ordered a pigtail and pass through harness so I can tap some lines and plug it in. Those should be here in a week and I hope to get that completed by the end of the month. Once I do, I’ll post a write up with part numbers, links, instructions. For now I’m enjoying the bigger screen and Sync 3 interface.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m almost done with the 8” Sync 3 upgrade and have completed the instrument cluster upgrade. Sorry I’ve been so absent - new kid born and FRF was banned at work, so it’s difficult to post at night when babies and chores need tending to.

The 8” Sync 3 upgrade is a lot easier than I expected. I simply swapped out the screen, APIM, and dash panel and everything works except Apple CarPlay. No Forscan work, no wiring, just plug and play. I want Apple CarPlay, so I’ve ordered a pigtail and pass through harness so I can tap some lines and plug it in. Those should be here in a week and I hope to get that completed by the end of the month. Once I do, I’ll post a write up with part numbers, links, instructions. For now I’m enjoying the bigger screen and Sync 3 interface.

from what I read as long as the APIM is 2016+ Apple car play should work is that right?

Instrument cluster upgrade? Not sure if I know what that is.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score

any updates? Pictures?

CaptSteve

Reaction score
I have a 2017 800A and the only other feature that I wanted was the larger 8" screen. How much would it cost to upgrade from the 4" screen to the 8"? If I remember correctly, it wouldn't just be a screen change because the layout of the radio buttons is also different.

I just bought a 18 800a and was quoted 2100.00
to have Sync 3 installed.

The large screen is something I miss about my about the 15 Lariat I traded in. I figure I will add this feature later and pay cash instead of financing it into the deal.

Verdoliva

Reaction score
Sir,
I have the basic package and I'm trying to do most of the upgrades that you are doing. The SYNC 3 is high on my list and would appreciate hearing from you on how your upgrade went.

Semper Fidelis
Ken