GEN 2 Seat cooling question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemkin57

Reaction score
My seat heater heats the butt and the lumbar area. My seat cooling seems to only cool my butt. Is that how it is supposed to be or is mine broken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve only had 2 occasions to use the bun chillers besides picking up from the dealer, both times thanks to using remote start. Temps just haven’t been warm enough to use this feature a lot, however, I recall only noticing cooling for the posterior. Old man winter is back so no real testing from me anytime soon. Maybe one of the AZ or TX Rappers can comment.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's friggin' 90 here in Scottsdale so once I get my truck I will let you know for sure.

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My seat heater heats the butt and the lumbar area. My seat cooling seems to only cool my butt. Is that how it is supposed to be or is mine broken?

Feels like mine only comes from the bottom. Since this is how every cooled seat I've been on works, it seems normal to me.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine only seems to come from the bottom as well. At least I cant feel it if it is coming from the back. I was a tad disappointed about this too. My wife's 2016 Lexus seat cooler works on the whole seat.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All 2015+ Ford A/C seats suck. The seat back should cool, but most feel like it's doing nothing, or worse it feels hot due to the poor design. I thought maybe they'd have it fixed by 2017, but I guess not.

You 2017 guys really need to spend some time in the 2015+ section of F150forum.com to see what the common problems are on these 13th generation F150s.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EricM beat me to it. It has been a problem since the 2015 model year. There's a member there that has designed at part that helps do more cooling. He has even worked with ford about this issue, but they did not take much of his advice. They came out with a fix so the seat back will not get hot when trying to cool, but that's all it fixed.

Gil Faizon

Reaction score
Does the part have a name? Or do you have a link? Or remember a thread? Anything at all that would help me find the part would be awesome. Thank you!

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine sure seems to only cool my ass and not my back. If the back is cooling its way less than the back portion of the seat.