Can a Heated steering wheel be added?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nowata

Reaction score
i found the perfect raptor in a southern climate. it has 802a.

being -27F (-6 without windchill) here today i am wondering if the steering wheel heat can be added?

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill be looking into this once my truck comes. i have a friend that works at a dealer thats going to look into it for me once i have the truck in my possession.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i already know the steering wheel itself is around $400. now i just need the truck to see if it has the module. there are people that have been able to modify as built data so that im not worried about. it just needs the wiring harness and module and should be good im hoping.

Kansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have nothing to support this claim but I think all the 2017 raptors are wired for heated steering/front and 2nd row for crew... it's "does it come from the factory enabled" that way. Again, I may be completely off base but it doesn't make sense to make some wheels/seats one way and some another... it's just long strip of a heating element/resistor through the material of the car seat... pretty inexpensive.... cooled may be a different story.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the heating steering wheel. Dumb question but how do you turn it on? I can't find the switch for it.....