Deavers for the new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! Tell us about the difference you notice. I'm interested and listening.

I'm going with 38's - they're bigger :ROFLJest:

There is a point of diminishing return... But bigger is better. 37's make a massive difference over 35's offroading. However, I would say that most of the guys who do it to their raptors don't push the trucks hard enough to really see the difference. (So yeah mostly for looks [emoji23])
TT's run 39/40's and again they are that much better than the 37s the tt lights run. There is a 42, but no one seems to run... Many factors, but in a nut shell, just too big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't rub at all with the eibach springs

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Huh! You are the first I've seen on here with 37s, no cutting and no rubbing. I'm not challenging you, just trying to learn how to accomplish this. From what I can tell, the only difference you have than others are the Deavers. But my understanding is that the rubbing challenge is more on the front tires. Have you had it fully compressed lock to lock?

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh! You are the first I've seen on here with 37s, no cutting and no rubbing. I'm not challenging you, just trying to learn how to accomplish this. From what I can tell, the only difference you have than others are the Deavers. But my understanding is that the rubbing challenge is more on the front tires. Have you had it fully compressed lock to lock?

Don't forget the aftermarket bumpers....

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I have eibach springs. 37s will always hit on full compression if you're just adjusting the ride height but now with the springs it takes some compression to rub rather than around town at ride height. The only way to prevent that will be aftermarket fenders or something stupid like a lift or excessive sawzall.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really am looking forward to you explaining how 1" of ground clearance and added sidewall with greater tire weight "makes a massive difference."

Why are 35s better than 33s? Heck, why not just run a stock F150 31" tire?

Are there trade offs when going to a 37? Of course, but there are benefits as well. If you are a mall crawler then it's just looks. If you use your truck off road, the ground clearance and sidewall flex can be very beneficial. In off roading, every inch matters, much like in drag racing every HP counts.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really am looking forward to you explaining how 1" of ground clearance and added sidewall with greater tire weight "makes a massive difference."

First of all, ground clearance. An inch does make a difference. You wouldn't throw on a set of 33's to go offroading in your raptor right? Losing an inch is a much a bigger problem. Well think about this, many times offroading you have to air down for traction... Yeah your 35's now have 33 inch ground clearance. If you have ever been in a tight situation crawling through rocks or steep approach and departure angles you would know that every inch counts.
Second, is traction. 37s have a bigger contact patch (even more so when aired down) so when climbing a loose steep hill, this can be the difference of making it or getting stuck.
Lastly, this is the big one for me, is bigger tires smooth out terrain. Now this isn't just an inch like ground clearance, but you get the benefit of "both sides". The tire won't fall into as many holes or nearly as deep. Going high speed on rough terrain with 37's vs 35's is no comparison
Seeing is believing, i urge you to ride in a truck with 37s you will know immediately
Like I said earlier, most of the guys who go 37 do it for the look and never see the true potential. But there is huge advantage.

Side note, a big trend in mountain bikes was going from 26 inch tires to 29's... now the most popular is 27.5. the 29s have some negative effects but they do smooth out terrain. The 27.5 (5.5% bigger) is the perfect "compromise".
When you ride all 3 (26,27.5,29) you can really understand how larger tires help

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First of all, ground clearance. An inch does make a difference. You wouldn't throw on a set of 33's to go offroading in your raptor right? Losing an inch is a much a bigger problem. Well think about this, many times offroading you have to air down for traction... Yeah your 35's now have 33 inch ground clearance. If you have ever been in a tight situation crawling through rocks or steep approach and departure angles you would know that every inch counts.
Second, is traction. 37s have a bigger contact patch (even more so when aired down) so when climbing a loose steep hill, this can be the difference of making it or getting stuck.
Lastly, this is the big one for me, is bigger tires smooth out terrain. Now this isn't just an inch like ground clearance, but you get the benefit of "both sides". The tire won't fall into as many holes or nearly as deep. Going high speed on rough terrain with 37's vs 35's is no comparison
Seeing is believing, i urge you to ride in a truck with 37s you will know immediately
Like I said earlier, most of the guys who go 37 do it for the look and never see the true potential. But there is huge advantage.

Side note, a big trend in mountain bikes was going from 26 inch tires to 29's... now the most popular is 27.5. the 29s have some negative effects but they do smooth out terrain. The 27.5 (5.5% bigger) is the perfect "compromise".
When you ride all 3 (26,27.5,29) you can really understand how larger tires help

I see you've convinced yourself and that's what's important in justifying the cost but I'm not convinced. You haven't addressed any drawbacks which include adding unsprung weight, modifications, cost and wear-and-tear on the suspension and the rest of the truck (I'm familiar with the "lowered weight aftermarket wheel argument").

I'm confident you'll minimize the negatives as you're clearly sold on 37's but there are drawbacks and having a discussion about 37's should address both sides of the equation.

I like 37's - I like them how they look on Jeeps and trucks but no one should jump up to them without understanding that "for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction." [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk