GEN 2 Air bags for towing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have an SVC adjustable bumpstop kit on my gen1 and occasionally haul/tow loads at max capacity. I carry a cordless impact and can lower the bump cans down in five minutes. It does help to keep the rear from sagging and then I'm also ready for offroad fun by adjusting them back up. Install was straight forward and I did it with the help of a buddy. Love this set up!

Big-Foot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screw the guys that can't get over the fact that this is a TRUCK and can be used as one. I hauled a load of brush and tree branches to the local landfill with mine just the other day and will be dragging a travel trailer behind it soon..
Oh yeah and it will be used offroad in AZ where we spend our winters.
I have a small fabrication shop and am looking into retrofitting an AirLift system to the truck. I have two cars in the shop now, but when they're done, the Raptor comes in.

I have an SVC adjustable bumpstop kit on my gen1 and occasionally haul/tow loads at max capacity. I carry a cordless impact and can lower the bump cans down in five minutes. It does help to keep the rear from sagging and then I'm also ready for offroad fun by adjusting them back up. Install was straight forward and I did it with the help of a buddy. Love this set up!

Would love to see pics..

tightt

Reaction score
Screw the guys that can't get over the fact that this is a TRUCK and can be used as one. I hauled a load of brush and tree branches to the local landfill with mine just the other day and will be dragging a travel trailer behind it soon..
Oh yeah and it will be used offroad in AZ where we spend our winters.
I have a small fabrication shop and am looking into retrofitting an AirLift system to the truck. I have two cars in the shop now, but when they're done, the Raptor comes in.

Here ya go, as long as you stay within capacity it does fine.

Whats wrong with you guys?!?! Dont you know that Raptors aren't designed to perform pickup truck duties??? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

All kidding aside...glad I'm not the only one who uses my Rap as a multi-use vehicle!!!!

01517141621212-vi.jpg

Last edited:

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pull my 24' aluminum enclosed trailer to the MX races almost every weekend and it pulls the trailer effortlessly but squatted a little more than I'd like so I got weight distribution hitch and problem solved. $209 done.

racerjb

Reaction score
Anyone try timbrens yet...install them when towing then take them out when not...seams like a simple solution?

OP
OP
O

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, most salt water trailers use surge brakes and those are marginally compatible with one brand of load distribution designed for that application. That being said, they are made of steel, non-galvanized. It's why you never see load distribution hitches at salt water launch ramps. If the boat gets big enough = fifth wheel.

Bags works for 99% of the boats out there. That being said, it did tow and stop 9k very well. May try to move axles around to move the tongue closer to 5% vs 10%.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Let's do it!! Patent the brackets immediately ;)

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Decided I am not changing a thing, no bags, no leveling hitch, nope! I just moved the crawler back alittle on the trailer. Alittle sag but no big deal!